Does anybody have young children

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI,

I have a 3 year old daughter and I'm wondering how everyone else's copes.

It makes me feel so upset that my daughter has to look after her mummy.

My partner is very supportive but he works long hours and my daughter is my little helper.

My bad days I find myself even more upset because she asks to go park and I can't even walk so I have to do things in the house.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rachael I posted in another group about allergies... Please read if u can, my life changed since changing all my diet to eliminate the allergens... Xx
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

Sorry you end up feeling so bad because you can't take your little one to the park. My children are older but, I do know there are a couple of other mums with younger children on here. I don't think that feeling of, wish I wasn't like this for my children's sake ever goes away entirely. I have two step grandchildren? (3 and 5) If that's the right term and I invited them to a Halloween party. I was so ill that every time I stood up I would go hot and I felt like I would pass out. I spent most of the day in bed and my own 13 year old played with/supervised them. I was able to go downstairs and put their make up on for trick or treating and able to lay on the settee to watch them enjoy their gifts. I had envisaged pumpkin carving with them, cake making, colouring Halloween pictures etc. We managed the last one only. They were happy though and spilt glitter everywhere! And that's the thing, kids will make fun at this age. You can help her to read by getting her to turn the pages. Give her washable feltips and a wedge of paper and it will entertain for hours. DVD's you can rest while she watches. Old sheet draped over two chairs-a wendy house. On better days I'm sure you don't feel as bad. Also, friends, family, neighbours, if they can help out-let them. I had to get a cleaner which was very difficult for me in my mind but, it has been a good decision and not a huge amount of money.

I hope that helps

Beverley

• Posted

HI Beverley, thanks for your reply, I do lots of activities for her I was using the park as an example. I just feel hopeless that I can't play with her, I don't have a lot of support most of my family work full time and my partner works long hours. My mum helps when she can but she lives 40 miles away from me.
    • Posted

Hi Rachel,

When did you find out you have cfs/me? It is hard when family aren't close by to offer support or, like you say, are working. Sometimes just a few hours resting can make such a difference.

I'm glad you have a supportive partner and hope that he can bolster some of the sense of inability you're feeling with this ghastly condition. I'm Lucky having the older ones to do things with y younger daughter but, only when they are home from university. I can't do the shopping trips, cinema etc that she requires. She's had trouble at school and I feel that its hard to help.

Do you go to a cfs/me clinic?

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.