Does anybody know how long after a pre op for hysterectomy you actually get your date to have surger

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my pre op 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything at all since I went to see my consultant at the hospital on 27/17 and he said it my hysterectomy will be done within 3 months which will make it the end of this month and because I've had a recent blood transfusion I've got have blood taken 6 days prior to my op I've tried ringing my consultants Secretary but she never answers the phone!!! I was just wondering of any body else has waited this long for a letter with your op date on if it's not done within 8 weeks of the pre op I've been told you have to have the per op done again and it's been 4 weeks now

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I kept on ringing the secretary until I got her - took me a whole week of trying at different times. Mine was done 8 weeks after pre-op. My advice to you is get in touch with PALS service at your hospital. Either ring or e-mail - but if you e-mail give them a telephone contact number. I used them when my paperwork didn't turn up and they were extremely helpful. These gynae departments are always super busy.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

• Posted

My advice - try at 9am and avoid lunchtimes/ breaktimes. I finally got my secretary at about 10.30 one morning. Chances are they do have an idea when they want you in. Don't trust to something coming through the post as my pre-surgery letter never arrived - I had the details sent via e-mail through PALS as the surgeons secretary kept telling me she had sent it - and it didn't appear. Anyhow - good luck - I'm 2 weeks post-op and starting to get my mojo back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.