Does anybody suffer with this???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, recently I've been getting something strange going on and wondered if it was part of Fibro and normal??

My throat and neck feels tight and the gland underneath my chin is tender to touch and feels slightly larger than normal? It can be here for a few hours and here 2 days then goes away again for weeks and randomly comes on me out the blue. It's so uncomfortable.

If anyone could let me know if they have had the same thing and know it it's normal and what it is.. Thanks x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I gave never experienced these symptoms with fibro, might be worth mentioning to your GP, would be interested to know if it's fibro related.

• Posted

Yes I have had that symptom Aimee. Usually when I am run down. Glands swell in my neck and under my arms. Just get some rest sweetie. You may be fighting a bug. No worries. It will pass. 
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, the glands on the side of my neck are normal and under my arms it's only the one under my chin, I get it every few weeks for no reason I don't feel ill although I have noticed that when I'm days away from a period and I'm getting bad cramps and really tired its there and I feel tender under the chin and tight throat and neck.. Just wanted to check this was a fibro thing and not something different. Xx

• Posted

Ok that sounds more like a blocked salivary gland. I had that as well. It is usually caused by stress. Go and see your doctor Aimee. He will know what it is exactly. I'm sure it is not something to worry about.

• Posted

Aimee I would get it checked. I get clogged oil glands behind my ears and I get swollen lymph nodes on a regular basis whenever I'm run down but under my chin , I have not. But like magpie said it could be a blocked saliva gland. Don't suffer with it. Get help. It's less stressful and painful once you deal with it.

• Posted

Aimee, thanks for inquiring about the neck, throat and gland pain. I have fibro and get these same symptoms. When I get them, it reminds me that I did too much and need to rest.

It is annoyingly uncomfortable.

I asked my GP about it. He didn't have any suggestions.

It comes and better yet, it goes,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.