Does anyone else bleed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get on and off anal bleeding

This happens with a flare

It is quite bad!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes when I have a flare up I bleed. Also poo is very wispy and mucusy ( gross I know)  Are you on antibiotics? Keep to a fibre free diet during flare up and introduce normal diet gradually as you feel better. Paracetamol for the pain and placing a hot water bottle on painful area helps. Hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes Angie

• Posted

Hi Elaine. Yes, I have had bleeding from time to time. Its bright red. A year or two ago I had to go over the hospital as I had black stools for three days. It comes out black when you have been bleeding internally, Bleeding from your back passage is quite common with diverticulitis. It worries me, but what can we do about it?
    • Posted

Yes Susan I always freak out too when I see blood. I'm on holiday in Florida from next week for 3 weeks and had a bad flare up when I was there last. Hopefully the Dr will give me some antibiotics to take with me just in case. Like you say what can we do about it.

• Posted

Yes i also get heavy bleeding from time to time.

The last time about 6 months ago i ended up in hospital for 3 days to have fluid & blood transfusions.

my doctor told me I had lost 2 pints of blood.

I get no other problems apart from the heavy bleeding.

I now have some Tranexamic Acid 500 mg tablets that my doctor says will help reduce the bleeding next time i get it.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Barry

Thank you for the info

It's a harrowing experience isn't it

You have no idea when to contact the doctor do you!!

I get pain before a bleed so I kinda know it's happening

Kindest regards 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.