Does anyone else feel depressed more after Christmas?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For as long as I can remember I have always felt a sadness after Christmas. Even as a kid.

Why do we feel like that? I looked online but the main reasons do not match myself and I do not think the reasons given make me feel low.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For myself I notice a certain void feeling the day after Christmas and I've never really thought about why. I guess the day is such a special one and so exciting and full of treats that normal life feels pale by comparison.

• Posted

sorry it has taken a while to get back to you, I never got a notification

Mine probably starts new years day now. It was after the 3rd as that is my brothers birthday and mum would leave decorations up so it was like one last hoorah.

I do think that it is the build up to Christmas and that is the highpoint and like the point to look forward each year. Then it falls down quite quickly. I tend to dwell and reflect on past ones, especially ones as a kid, that doesnt help either. just makes me feel worse than ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.