Does anyone else feel like they can eat an entire grocery store?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone of you wonderful ladies help me out with my appetite? The current symptom of perimenopause for me is feeling constantly hungry. Well, not hungry but always wanting to eat, especially sweets. Can anyone relate or does anyone have any advice? You will be saving me a lot of money in elastic waistband pants 😂

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I can relate to that i am constantly hungry and mine is mainly sweets

I have put on 2 stone in 3 months .

• Posted

Me too! Craving sweets every day where as I only used to crave them a couple of days before my period.
  • Posted

Me too! Exactly, ditto, YUK!

My will power isn’t what it used to be either.

• Posted

I have no will power left for anything. And I do want to eat sweets especially chocolates after food in particular. E.g. after the main meal at lunch or dinner I MUST and MUST gobble down chunks of chocolate. Sad... sad... sad
    • Posted

That is exactly me! I will eat a normal meal but then have the strongest craving for chocolate ever.
    • Posted

Me too! Even if I have a very filling meal, a few hours later I am wanting to eat a large bar of chocolate. If I have any in the house it is doomed and won't last the day. The same with crisps. Gone!

At the moment I am eating dried sliced mango as a replacement to keep my mouth and head quiet and it sort of works. Not really. lol I also make myself go for a walk. Even half a mile will take my mind off it. 

• Posted

I can’t stop eating, I’ll have my dinner and feel full for about half hour and then I’m looking for sweet stuff. I’ve always got sweets in the car (never used to) and stuff my face every time I pop to the shops. I lost loads of weight a few years ago and exercised daily but now I can’t be bothered 😕 I really need my mojo back xx 

• Posted

I am always, always, always looking for something to eat. I want filling food! Things that feel solid. It's awful. I eat way more than I need. I'm trying portion control. A big variety of food but small portions. That way I'm satisfying cravings. 

I really don't have much advice but glad to see what tohers offer.

• Posted

Hi I started to restrict chocolate/sweet food & bread to myself. This is only day 2. I am struggling. It feels like I am starving and have been having headaches! I don't think i am in the right route...?!

• Posted

I've tried so many different things (low carb, low fat, high protein, calorie counting, weight watchers, etc.). I try cutting down portions or certain things like carbs and end up with headaches too. Then I am taking Excedrin like crazy. I need to refocus and figure out what to do. UGH

• Posted

Yes.  It is horrible.  You are not alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.