Does anyone else feel like they hit a wall when they wipe?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm uncomfortable. Feel pressure in the bowel. Bowel feels stiff. Sorry if this makes no sense to anyone. I'm not great with words.

I have a rectocele and been told a muscle in my bowel lost support. Its got worse overtime and also I been told they is no surgery available for the muscle in my bowel that lost support. I not been giving much information or feel like I understand my problem's. The surgeon told me that my stool always get stuck and I have to cope with it. I am not coping with it. I don't go out and spend good part of my day on the toilet. Anyone else the same?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I  just went to a new physical therapist. She is fantastic. SheShowed me exercises to do, muscle manipulation, self massage and other helpful breathing techniques. She also does hands-on work with me while I’m there. Including inserting her finger in my anus and massaging. I am learning so much and it is being helpful so far and only had two sessions. I will continue go weekly till I have this under control. You need to get physical therapist the deals with pelvic floor disorders  to help you along. The doctors may have nothing else to do but you can try to get control of your own muscles. Hope you can find one near you. 
    • Posted

My physiotheraphist is mean't to be someone who deals with pelvic floor disorders but she don't do any of this for me.

I went to a different hospital before and she paased me back over to my current physiotherapist because she felt she just does the same with me that she did, I knew back then I should have stuck with the other one.

Whats the self messarge for? Do you still use enemas daily.

• Posted

My problem is tight anal canal in sphincter. I need to learn to relax it so I can evacuate all my BM. I am massaging my stomach area where the sphincter is within. She show me where that is. Also some internal massage of my wrecked him to relax that as well. She has done some stomach massage for me and I have had better PMs the next day. A physical therapist is supposed to do this with you and for you so find one that will help you with this. I am skipping Enema every other day and I feel OK for now. She said this to take months to relax myself but I am working hard at doing all the exercises she has showed me. Keep you posted
    • Posted

I think I have same because when I go to toilet my bowel feels stiff. How did they diagnose you with that?

I think I made myself worse by doing pelvic floor exercises, because ever since I been seeing the physiotherapist I was just about managing to live normal. Now everyday is a nightmare, I read somewhere pelvic floor exercises can make problems worse if your pelvic floor is to tight.

Sounds like your getting somewhere. Will have to try giving myself a massage lol. Think I do anyway because I get pains alot too.

• Posted

There are professional physical therapist who help with guiding you. There is also toilet meditation to help u relax. Google it. 
    • Posted

Thanks I just looked it up. Looks like I'm going to have to work on my breathing and relaxing.

I also found a website for exercises where you rest your feet on the wall and do your breathing and relaxing lol

• Posted

And try googling pelvic physical therapy near u. Someone who deals with internal rectal and bowel disfunction. This means they do insert finger in anus when doing your session. Yup! They will tell u the way to deal. 
    • Posted

Suppose I had a few appointments like that with different medical professionals.

Thank you hopfully we can evacuate properly by next year lol

• Posted

Hi ruby it’s Annie, iwas wondring how you were, did you get a diagnosig? See a new doctor, ? Feeling better? I’de like you to git me some news please.. I ha emeegency surgery wednesday i’de like to share with you!! 😊

Annie

• Posted

Hi Annie nice to be hearing from you.

Emergency surgery.. What for? Hope your ok. You seem positive smile

Nothing new with me, I been to my doctors and agreed to refer me to a different hospital to see a gastrologist.

I actually had to cancel my appointment due to being ill. Hate cancelling but this is how bad my bowels can be.

• Posted

Hi Ruby! What does the doctors says about that? Yes i had surgery again because of the adhesions i had around the small colon, it caused me a obstruction, i was socin pain. But now im feeling better, mayde out of hospital tomorrow or wednesday, well see, just hoping to feel and get better soon! So you were reffer to another doctor?
    • Posted

Glad you had your surgery.Not suprised you where in pain that must have been horrible. Just when you think having a stoma would be the end to your pain.

I did read on a different forum, someone saying how happy she is to have her stoma (same problems I have too) no professional has ever mentioned a stoma to me.

I not seen the doctor yet only spoke to receptionist who told me they send a new appointment out when one is available. I can't make it to important appointments. I just want to live normal.

Lets hope we get to enjoy christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.