Does anyone else feel paranoid and have OCD type symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone! I think I must be in year 6-7 of my perimenopause journey. My FSH is 14.4 (16 means I am biologically in menopause so I'm told). The roller coaster seems to be getting better, but not 100% better. Honestly, I'm just so glad that it is better. It was so horrible for a while that I thought I may not make it. I felt like I was dying.

Do any of you, for lack of better words, just feel paranoid sometimes? I start to think no one likes me, I don't have any friends, like "Is she mad at me?" high school type stuff. Uggghh! I wasn't even like that then. I'm super sensitive and I feel like I have OCD symptoms at different times in my cycle. I'm ready for this part to be done, but I hope it gets smoother.

Thank you ladies! Your love and feedback has made this process so much easier!

XOXOXOXO

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Yes! I go through the same thing. I have been post meno for a couple of years now and am on BHRT, but I still get these paranoid thoughts regularly. I have to snap myself out of it (easier to do now than in peri). I get the OCD stuff a little bit too. Mostly I go around and re-check that doors are locked at night. I was just thinking today how I miss my old, confident self of many years ago.

• Edited

Hello There, C14889

Currently, I am in the FULLY-blown post-menopausal stage. That being said, yes, I experience the unwanted PARANOIA often. It is a force to be reckoned with, if you will. I am convinced, it is ONE of the many relentless symptoms of menopause, regardless of the stage, us womenfolk are in! Suffice it to say, the symptoms are correlated to our hormones being imbalanced! When the paranoia rears its UGLY head, take a walk, sing, dance around the house, watch a comedy show or two, and if at all possible, do something to take your mind off of it! Be well, my menopausal sister!

• Posted

Hello C,

I haven't been fixated on what people think of me, mainly because my health anxiety is over the top, ha! Yes, obsessing about feeling so rotten...

Waking up in a doomy panic every morning, trying to get through the day, navigating a job/insurance change, while I feel like I'm dying... not my best days, lol.

I wish some better days for you~~

XOXOXO,

Sara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.