Does anyone else find it impossible to focus at work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a form of TN for 6 months now.

I still cant bare to sit anywhere near air conditioning, it sends pain through my cheek and jaw that is impossible to block out. It makes me not want to go to work at a job i love sad

They can't turn it off entirely and I am so worried about flying. sad Does anyone else have the same problem?

The worst thing other than the pain is just no one understanding how unbarable this is..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tanee2,

Obviously you do not have effective medication. My neurologist put me on my savior, Tegretol. I've been on it 8 years. I personally would be in real trouble without it.

What is your status with your neurologist, and your medication ?

eddie13

• Posted

Hi Eddie, I just can't cope with the side effects of Tegretol it makes me so ill. I keep trying to go back to it. But if im on that then I can't go to work. How long did it take you to get used to the side effects?

Im seeing the neurologist on the 7th Sept, may try a nerve block..

• Posted

Hi Tanee,

I got immediate relief and used to it right away. The only side effect I ever get is drowsiness. My key is to stay on the schedule as exact as possible. I realize I'm lucky as it does not work for everyone. Hope your doc has a good next step.

eddie13

• Posted

Thank you Eddie, I have been setting alarms I have 100mg tegretol I'm going to try them again!

Thank you I'll let you know how I get on 3rd time lucky!

Tanee

• Posted

Hi Tanee,

Oh you do have a current prescription. Maybe talk to your doc about increasing the dose. I started low but had to increase to now 4 x 200 mg per day.

eddie13

• Posted

Hi Tanee

Has your doctor suggested the SR ( slow release ) tegretol? I struggled with the tegretol when I was first diagnosed with neuralgia, so my doctor suggested the slow release (200mg) starting at bedtime and building up to more through the day.

It really helped.

Good luck

Kareena

• Posted

Hi Tanee

I was on all the different medications for years but nothing ever eased the pain, I originally had dentists telling me I had gingervitis, after 6 years of pain and getting worse one dentist told me to see my doctor, he was sure it was neauralgia. so then after all the tests and xrays I was diadnosed with trigeminal neauralgia,12 months on I had an operation. for 2 months after the operation I had bad headaches, but it was all worth it 4 years on and I haven't had any pain at all was told it should never come back.

• Posted

What operation did you have? Im so glad to hear your news!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.