Does anyone else get anxiety when they are tired or didn't sleep well?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know this is a sill question, but sleep extremely affects my anixety. I have stuggled with anxiety and panic most of my life, but I lost my mom is August so it triggered a pretty servere episode of anxiety and panic. I would explain it like a dark cloud of doom and gloom following me around, just scared of everything. I finally bit the bullet and started taking medication. My anxiety and depression are SO MUCH better, but not even close to gone still...

Anyways along with anixety comes sleeping troubles.. and when I don't get enough sleep I am so anxious the next day. Does anyone else expereince this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am new to this forum but I suffer from depression and anxiety and it all started when I lost my son father and mum all in the space of 3yrs.The doc says its alk had a big impact on my health .I have been diagnosed with underactive thyroid an fybromigila I feel useless and in so much pain and the medication I get is not helping me one bit
    • Posted

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that! How long have you been on the medication? Maybe it is time to switch. 
    • Posted

I have been on all kinds of antidepressants trying to get one that will work is on going .I think with everything I have gone through no mount of med will help I am now seeking help from a phycologist over and above I have other underlying health issues but maybe one day and as u will c the time I do not sleep as I am in constant pain sorry for moaning
  • Posted

Lack of quality sleep is the biggest cause for my terrible anxiety. I have it under control now. Force yourself to get more sleep.

Here is how I fixed it...I bought a FitBit and track my sleep with that. It really forced me to be aware of my sleep times. I use it soley to keep me on track. Try it, it works!

• Posted

Hi im glad it works for u but when ur in constant pain u have just got to grab a nap when u can, I could not tell u the last time I had a decent sleep and that is with sleepers and other meds
    • Posted

I was in constant pain too! It is one of those "cart before the horse" things. You need enough good sleep to stop the anxiety and to stop the pain. I also had to buy an adjustable bed to sleep in "zero gravity" position. Getting your life back is a process! Give my tops a try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.