Does anyone else get sick of hearing themselves complain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Venting used to help me, but I'm literally so sick of hearing myself talk about the rough time I have with anxiety and depression that I can't even write it in a journal anymore. It's tiring. I'm like the bad friend who tells you to stop complaining because they can't take it anymore because you are overwhelming them. 

I'm sitting at my desk at work with my legs bouning up and down so hard I feel like I could drill a hole in the floor with my foot. I can't stop thinking about how all day I have been overwhelemed and I feel everything at once and then not feel anything at all.

I think my biggest question is if anyone else ever feels like this? What have your experiences been like and how have you tried to cope with it?

I've been searching for the right medication and thought I found it - Wellbutrin XL - but lately I'm regressing in different ways and this seems to be one of them. 

I don't have any friends who have been through this so hearing someone else's take might be helpful. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also another thing, I get sick of feeling sorry for myself! I feel sorry for myself thinking thoughts like "why can't I just be normal, why do I always feel like this" and then I get annoyed at myself thinking stop feeling sorry for yourself!!!

• Posted

Ugh been there, it's such a mind struggle! Anxiety is so bipolar sometimes. The more I tell myself to stop being sorry for myself the more anxious I get, it's a vicious cycle. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.