Does anyone else get stomach issues from not eating on time?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past week i've had the flu and my medication is making me sleep extremely sound so i end up sleeping past breakfast and eating my first meal of the day at lunch time. Tonight I'm feeling some symptoms such as tightness in the chest and throat, bloating, a little upset. Think it's acid reflux. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you have to stick to an eating schedule? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What medication are you on? Antibiotics? As mentioned manytime..they can easy interupt your flora in stomach and cause symptoms you describing and even more. Just to make sure mention that to your gp that your flu symptoms are not overlooked.

Probiotics and eating bland easy food should restore your digestive system.

Bet of luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I was not on anti biotics, just Theraflu. My symptoms were happening long before the flu. I used to skip meals and leave my stomach empty for long periods. I developed a lot of health issues because of that.
  • Posted

Sometimes I get more  acid reflux if I miss a meal or change my eating routine.  Perhaps try eating at more regulsr intervals.   After my cold cleared up last year, it triggered a long bout of acid reflux.
    • Posted

Yes I will try to eat more regularly than just 3 daily meals. Even if it's something small like a banana...it should still help. The idea is not to have my stomach totally empty for too long. Water can also help neutralize stomach acid if food is not available. 

• Posted

Milk is a food and turns into a solid in your stomach and will nourish you more. Water will hydrate you but it is more helpful for constipation and your bladder than neutalising acid.  It won’t satisfy a need for food.
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm drinking milk every night now. Are you doing ok lately?

• Posted

Yes, I’m doing fine. I have had a mild flare up of IBS but Buscopan has brought it under control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.