Does anyone else get this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tonight after I had training I kept getting pains in my chest on my left side and during training I got this shooting pain in the centre of my chest. I was just wondering is this normal when having anxiety?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

you may see your doctor to rule out physiological reasons.  Never had shooting pains from my anxiety. You could possibly have been your lungs which can mimic heart pains?
    • Posted

I had an ECG and chest x Ray and bloods done back in October and I've getting getting pains in my left half lately
    • Posted

Well anxiety plays tricks with our bodies.  I know that when my anxiety is realy high, I do get sensations in my left arm.  But remember when we are really anxious, we have a lot of adrenaline running through our bodies. We don't really get a sense of calm till our bodies are rid of it.  Our anxieties also cause us to think of heart problems, etc.  What I have noticed people on here mention "health anxiety"  which I know as hypochondria.  Now I am not saying this is your case.  I am not qualified to do so, and don't want to steer you the wrong way.  But seeing a doctor can help us rule physiological things out.  See a counselor on things you can do to deal with your thoughts and feelings.  Sometimes we need reassurance that it is not a heart attack etc.  Our anxieties thrive on the "what if's" what if I crack up or go crazy in front of my friends" "what if I am having a heart attack" these were common for me.  I came up with ways to DISPROVE these things were NOT happening to me.  If I was going to crack up, than I wouldn't know reality.  Well after my anxiety subsided, It was true that I didn't.  You may apply the same with you feelings with worrying about your possible heart problems?  Check you blood pressure, if you really think that may be the issue. Hope some of this works.  But a counselor may better help you to achieve these.
    • Posted

I go to counselling yes I was on medication for 2 and a half months and I've been off that a month now
    • Posted

Your were on medication for 2 1/2 months? Hopefully your weened off medications with dotors instructions? The worst thing I see people on these discussions is people trying to be their own doctors.  I don't think people would ween off of chemotherapy without doctor instructions?? If you didn't ween off medications with doctor, could be withdrawals? 2 1/2 months is hardly enough time to see if antidepressant medications are working properly.  It can take up to 6-8 weeks for medications to work fully.
    • Posted

Then you could be having withdrawl symptoms if you went off them yourself 

• Posted

I have done this. Not good for us to try to play our own doctors. You may give medications another try possibly?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.