Does anyone else have these problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Bit of a long shot. Just wandering if anyone else has been suffering the way I have. I had hysterectomy 13 years ago but was left with my overies. For the past 2 years I have been backwards and forwards with pain in my abdomen in the left side and also very painful breasts. This year alone I have had 3x cysts drained from my breasts and also had a 5cm cyst (blood filled) on my right overie about 18 months ago which they said did go eventually when I went back to be re scanned. I have been back to my Dr's last week with severe pain in my breasts again ti the extent it bought me to tears and severe pain in my left side. I have been for another mammogram and ultrasound on Thursday where they tell me I have numerous cysts in both breasts and now I have a cyst on my left overie too. The left side pain has been constant for past 2 years but seems to be getting worse. I've had colonoscopys and barium enemas which all came bk normal. The pain can sometimes take my breath away like someone is stabbing me in my vagina. It radiates into my kidney and hip area. The thing is though I've not once seen a gynaecologist Should I demand to see one and could it be scar tissue or endemetriosis. AnY thoughts and does anyone else have these exact symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi angels I haven't had a hysterectomy but I am dealing with a large cyst for the last year. I also have dreadfully sore breasts, the stabbing pains and severe pains in my right side were my cyst is and labour like pains too. I've also had nausea and dry wretching and vomiting at times too and also rib pain which they unfortunately thought was my gallbladder as I had a stone and they removed my gallbladder last December. Unfortunately when they found the stone last October the cyst was there but they neglected to tell me. My symptoms got worse after my gallbladder operation and I was in and out of hospital being told it was from the gallbladder but then the cyst reduced down in size in July and my symptoms eased off for 6 weeks and then started again and I had a scan and it has increased again. I'm attending an acupuncturist and she has put me on milk thistle and herbs and thinks they will get rid of it. Thankfully since starting these that vomiting nausea and breast tenderness has eased but have the pelvic pains. In the meantime I've had a ca125 test which is slightly elevated at 51 and my gp is telling me I'll have to have it removed just in case. I had bowel surgery 22 years ago and was told I'm high risk of rupture so I'm doing what I can to avoid surgery. An underlying hormone imbalance is the cause of cysts. The herbs and milk thistle help the liver detox and get rid of excess estrogen which is the main cause of this. I was on a hormone drug for years prior to all of this which I believe caused this. Anyway you could try the milk thistle to see if it helps. It's definitely helped me. Oh and I also have not been sleeping and waking up with pain and nausea but am sleeping since I started the herbs and milk thistle. I've never been so sick in all my life and my gp has told me that it's the cyst.You should see a gynaecologist asap. Take care xx
    • Posted

i'm already on milk thistle.

can you remember what the herbs are.?

• Posted

I'm taking milk thistle extract with milk thistle, artichoke and dandelion root.I take the drops as my acupuncturist says it works better then the pills. They all detox the liver and clear excess estrogen and balance the hormones. I actually took the milk thistle extract for 7 weeks in June and my cyst reduced by 5.5cm. I was taking it for gallbladder removal and didn't realise it had helped the cyst so back on it now as it grew again within 6 weeks. The herbs I'm on are Chinese and called Chai hu shu gan San. They come in pill form. They are moving herbs and move the stagnated liver qi. In Chinese medicine it's liver stagnation that causes the cysts. I'm only on them and the milk thistle again a few weeks but the vomiting, nausea, insomnia and breast tenderness went within a short time. She said 8 weeks or 2 periods and it should be gone. I've a lot of pain since my period last week so think it's dispersing. Fingers crossed. Xx
  • Posted

How old are you? I had painful breasts a few years ago and it was horrible. I went to my gyno and she started me on vitamin E. Within a week the pain was gone. She said the pain was caused by a fluctuation in my hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.