Does anyone else have these symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer  from rls and take Ropinerrole 3mg. I have serious bouts of rls about 3 times a week whether sitting or in bed. It starts with hot feet, knees and heat between my legs I then get restless and my mind goes 'fuzzy' unable to concentrate.When I lie down the movement is so violent I have had to stop sharing the marital bed. The only relief is standing on the cold kitchen floor where I have a compulsion to binge on food. Are these symptoms familiar to anyone else?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only symptom I've had in common with you here is finding increasing my blood sugar, eating carbohydrate, particularly back in the days it was less severe and the days when I took Mirtazapine, tended to stop the RLS problem.

Having a quick look through the web on the subject you may want to check that you don't have "concurrent neuropathy". Look for that and "burning feet syndrome".

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I posted because I suspect there is more to my problems than RLS but The doctor looks at me as though I'm making it up! I will look into your suggestions, thankyou.

• Posted

I have the same and my leg jumps if I do not move it. I put my foot  in the sink of my bathroom and fill with very cold water, splashing the cold water all up legs. I also lift my leg sideways placing my knee in and splashing with the water on both legs. Also take an iron tablet in the form of Ferris Sulphate, it can be lack of Iron.
    • Posted

thank you for your reply. I take extra iron and magnesium.

• Posted

Dear Erik

I don't have hot legs and feet but I am involved with a group investigating possible excercises to relieve RLS.  In a casual discussion there the other day several people mentioned this effect as a preliminary stage of their RLS  ie they get hot lower legs and feet and then they start to feel the RLS.

I also realise that I sometimes eat chocolate when I have RLS because I think it helps.   I have not done any sort of experiment to verify this and I'm ot sure how I could but it would be interesting if others feel they get some inprovement by eating.    I have noticed that my chocolate nibble usually turns to a bit of a binge and I eat 100 grams or so, then feel guilty.

Many RLS sufferers also have to suffer doctors who don't understand.   FIND another doctor.   Remember if your doctor doesn't understand your symptoms its because he doesn't have the education or the experience.   IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE Psychotic or neurotic.   Of course it is possible that you have a different problem with some symptoms in common with RLS,   All the more reason to find a doctor who wants to help.

Perhaps if you mention your approximate location someone here might be able to suggest a doctor who is familiar with the desease.

Im in Chelsea Australia so I dont know if I can help.

Cheers

Graham

• Posted

Dear Erik and others

Does anyone else have cold feet?

At times my feet feel like lumps of ice.  However if I put my hand on them they feel just fine.   So the cold feet seems to be imaginary ie my nreves are reporting cold feet or my brain is misinterpreting some message as "cold feet""

The wierd part is that putting warm slippers on in bed makes them feel OK.

I just thought i'd throw it into the mix while on the subject of lower leg temperatures.

It raises another question.   When your legs and feet feel hot in your mind do they feel hot to the touch?

Cheers

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.