Does anyone else have this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with HS about 4 years ago but have suffered for around 10 now, I first had polinidal abscess, I had incision and drainage 3 times then an excision to remove it. I had stitches as doctor though that that’d be best for me, 3 years on and I feel like it still hasn’t healed properly, I have a massive squishy lump on my tailbone although it doesn’t get inflamed or infected, I find it painful to sit on, lay down, bend etc. I had a scan a couple of years ago and was told it was just the way it healed, it’s scar tissue and I had nothing to worry about. I have had a lot of pain recently so went to gp she referred me to general surgeons, I waited 6 months for my appointment for the surgeon to tell me that my issue is comsmetic not medical, and that my ‘modelling days are over’ for starters that’s a marvellous thing to say to someone with low self esteem, not! Has anyone else experienced this sort of lump? It’s visible through clothing, it even hurts to wear underwear but I don’t know what to do anymore 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeah mines scared over told I would have to have surgery thank God it went away it was active for year half nothing helped me no antibiotic or drainage I tried turmeric pills and cut back on potatoes and less stress it’s been gone about 6 8 months now God Bless 
  • Posted

hi dena,

i didnt know what i had until you just explained it! ive had the same issue but not as frequent. sometimes it hurts if i sit down too hard or directly on it but for the most part mine is manageable. did yours start out as not so serve and develop into more painful?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.