Does anyone else have this symptom with anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi again as some of you may know I'm a teenager who suffers with quite bad health anxiety the past 3-4 months and I just need someone's advice on the symptoms, Is lightheadedness, feeling off balance, fullness/ringing in ears, headaches, pressure in head and neck, loss of appetite and just feeling miserable and drained effects of anxiety?? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Personally I dont really have any physical symptoms but there's a lot of this mentioned in the forum so I'd say its all effects of anxiety. Are you feeling miserable as a result of anxiety? 
    • Posted

It is because I suffer panick attacks too😔yes defiantly it's brought my confidence down so much and mad me so miserable it's horrible x
    • Posted

I know, I have been there too however you will get the confidence back, athough it doesnt seem that way. I think the symptoms are anxiety and Im sorry you're having a hard time with them. Have you had any treatment? x 
    • Posted

Nope no treatment at all I've mentioned it to my mam and she doesn't think I need it x
    • Posted

Well that's not for her to decide. Have you looked at anything online? There is some great self help cbt that you could do if you fancy it? I suffer  with mental health anxiety; worrying I have other mental health problems that arnt anxiety and I am reading a great book called Anxiety and Depression by Adrain Wells from Amazon. Could you go online and buy any books? x 
    • Posted

Yeah I'd defiantly look up things online and look into the book too thank you😄x
  • Posted

All your symptoms are very common in anxiety. You may be a bit depressed as well as this is something else that often happens with anxiety. Go see your GP and ask for some talking therapy or CBT. It will all pass and you will be ok but you need some non-judgmental support in the meantime. I have had all the symptoms that you mention. They are caused by adrenaline in your system, that is all. You will be ok.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your advice😊 really means a lot and yes I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor and ask for it, it's gotten very bad and it's starting to effect me in school too and I really don't need it I'm in my last year of school and I really want to do well 
    • Posted

Good for you, Rachael. If you can, dont take any anti-depressants as they can be hell to get off once you are on them. Just get some counselling support. Try to accept your feelings rather than fight them and try not to push yourself too much. Above all, be kind to yourself. This is not your fault. You are not suffering from a mental illness.It is a physical thing (adrenaline) causing effects in your body and mind.Your confidence will return and you will be ok. Anxiety states are very common and everyone recovers with no long term harm. According to the World Health Authority over 3.5 million people worldwide are feeling the same as you right now. You are definately not alone! The thing to do is to not fight it or try to get rid of it or try to avoid it, as best you can. Accept it. The more you try to get rid of it or fight it, the more anxious you will get. This is because the brain receives these messages from you as evidence that there is a real threat. It then sends emergency signals to your body to protect itself. The body does this by releasing more adrenaline which causes more symptoms. You then get worried by these symptoms and send a message to your brain that you want to get rid of it which it reads as threat and round and round we go!  There is no threat! You are perfectly safe and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.The anxiety has just spiralled up because you are scared of the sensations in your body. Dont be scared. There is no need. Nothing will happen to you (despite what the scary thoughts say). You will be ok. So try to accept the feelings and try to ignore them as best you can. Do something practical if you can. Go out and walk between studying. Walking, running, swimming are all good as they use up the energy produced by the adrenaline. Get out in nature, it helps you feel better.

It is really draining dealing with this so it is very important that you take care of yourself as much as possible. Eat healthy food, avoid alcohol and drugs, exercise, and make sure you get enough sleep. If this is difficult get some Zopiclone or other sleeping pill from GP but dont use it every night as it can become a habit. get some relaxation CDs, or relaxation exercises from youtube. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body. Anxiety is a challenge but you have more courage than you think. 

This will pass and you will be a more compassionate and mature person as a result of it. Best wishes xx

• Posted

Wow thank you so so so much this really does mean a lot to me😊 I've started to except the fact that it's all to do with my anxiety and that I'm not dieing or have a mental illness because as the days go on my symptoms fade even more, they only really effect me in school which is really bothering me at the moment but with the right state of mind and counciling I definatly can get through it x
  • Posted

You definately will, Rachael. Well done! You are brilliant. Just keep going. If you can, it is better to actually go towards the anxiety and deliberately put yourself in situations that make you feel anxious. This then quickly shows the brain that there is no real threat and the anxiety will lose its grip on you sooner. You are maybe feeling that you may be judged by others when you are at school and that might be making you feel more anxious. In that case, go to school! Feel the fear, stay with it, even though you may be feeling weird. The more you practice this, the quicker it will go away. I'm sure you will do well. Good luck xx
    • Posted

I will definatly! Thank you so much for your advice it really has helped me so much I can't thank you enough!xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.