Does anyone else here have a problem of sleeping 14 hours a day?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My bad sleeping pattern has been going on for a few years now.

I'm sixty years old this year. I had Shingles in the spring and have post-herpetic neuralgia, but even a few years before this, I had a problem of sleeping into the afternoon. In years past, I was sleeping about ten hours a night. I get annoyed when I sleep past noontime.I'm busy and have obligations just like anyone else and really can't sleep through the day anymore.

My attempts to right my sleep schedule have been useless. If I get up early and go to bed early, this only works for a few days. Sometimes I get up early in the morning and yet still do not fall asleep by midnight.

I'm wondering if there are medical causes for this aside from one's body fighting illness.

I seem to sleep all day even when I am not ill.

I do not think it's from depression since I have good moods and still sleep too long.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.