does anyone else seem to bruise easily in peri?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i cant recall when i even get the ones i do.  i read ita loss of estrogen.  anyone here in medical field able to confirm this or anyone else also have this as a symptom as well as ringing ears and back stiffness

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I do bruise easy and they take ages to go, I posted something similar a while back, also have ringing in the ears from time to time
    • Posted

haley-  ty for replying.  ive not had anyone else so far with this specific stuff in peri.  some of it is hard to explain like the feelings we have during this time.  we all describe them differently i think.  and what might be tolerated by someone else i might find intolerable.  But   to find others in peri who also have specific symptoms relatable w someone else helps tremendously to feel less isolated.  !
  • Posted

Yes I understand what you mean, I had a few ladies say they bruise easy too on my old post, I guess it's another wonderful symtom of peri, but at least we're all in it together x

• Posted

Anemia has always been an issue for me. I bruise easily anyway, but now scratching my legs can cause bruising. My ears constantly ring. Body stiffness is terrible. Today is the 1st day in weeks with no hot flashes (yet)😕 Been miserable. Cbd oil has helped headaches. Seeing my gyn Monday for answers. Haven't had my yearly check up in 2 years. Wishing I would have followed up!

• Posted

I notice it comes in waves.  I will notice bruises in places I don’t remember hitting for a few weeks and then I will go months with nothing
    • Posted

exactly.  no idea where they come from.  but what my np told me is when they dont heal or go away then thats a different thing.  anemia or something.   
  • Posted

Yes I noticed this plus cuts take longer to heal x
    • Posted

hadnt noticed any wounds not healing

any slower.  i might watch for that now.  

being w my grandkids im sure im doing things to cause bumps and the clumsiness doesnt help.  i feel like ive fallen down a flight of stairs some days.!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.