Does anyone else with fibro suffer with low b12?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have an extremely low/non existent b12 level. Just wondering if anyone else has this. Also I am always cold. Especially my feet. They currently feel like they're about to drop off lol

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi steff0803 I havnt been low in b12, but my feet and hands are like blocks of ice no what time of year its is. I can be freezing cold 1 min boiling hot the next rolleyes  
  • Posted

Yes I had low B12, and I now have three monthly injections of it and the level is now good. It is great that you have had that diagnosed as low levels can cause all sorts of  serious problems. I was hoping that once the levels were back to normal my symptoms of Fibro would improve but alas not to be. Such is life. Do hope you have better luck.
  • Posted

Could it be blood pressure or circulation. Do you sit to long? If it is consistent you may want to check with your dr. 
  • Posted

hi steff personally i don t but the girl i work with has fibro 8yrs and constantly has to have b12 injections and no s when worse because of the symptons [forgetfullness in her case ]
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

My low b12 is consistent unfortunately. I too have injections every 3 months although to be honest I don't think they work very well. After 3 weeks I'm struggling to stay awake. I'm also borderline for having an under active thyroid. The doctor won't even let me try the medication to see if it would make any difference. Nor does he have any intention of trying to find out why I don't have any b12 or folic acid. He is very dismissive.

• Posted

its disgusting on how your dr is being you cant carry on as you are, he needs to do something, are you able to see another dr or even change practices. Their suppose to help us not ignore whats going on, that drs in wrong proffession. you take care gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

He is an absolute nightmare. They've been finding an inflammation in my bloods for years and still have no idea what's causing it and the other day he told me I need to stop obsessing over it. I've got an appointment with another doctor next week. I can't see this one anymore. I walk out of there feeling worse than when I went in.
    • Posted

Hope this new dr is more of a help and support to you. we need drs that know what their doing and that have some knowledge of fibro. The only thing we are offered is pain relief cbt therepy dr can refer you to a pain clinic some areas offer free acupuncture for 12 weeks and free hydrotherapy for so many weeks at your local hospital. see if  where you live have a support group you can go to. youve got us to talk to on here hun were here for you. Men Honestlyrolleyes take care gentle hugs x
  • Posted

I have inflammation all the while in bloods my doc not really concerned says it could be from arthritis quite a few reasons but unless exceptionally high not concerned I have give up wondering I have a really good gp who I can trust so it does make a difference hope you get sorted with better gp x
    • Posted

Mine is always really high Clara and has been for some years now. Everyone except my doctor is concerned about it. Hopefully I will get some joy with a new doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.