Does anyone experience chronic pain and anxiety from their IBS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Every day I wake up with pain in the pelvic floor. This makes my anxiety go way up which makes the pain worse. If you have these symptoms would you please share how you deal with them.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Once I had to go to the er & that's when i was diagnosed. I recommend you see a Go do that they can give you Bentyl. I always was having some really bad constipation & bloating. Sometimes I've had retum pain too. It's a chronic condition but it won't hurt you.

• Posted

All I can suggest Dottie is try Mindfulness a relaxation Technique, that may help you relax and divert your fears and concerns regard your condition. When in pain you could try Breathing Exercises, breath through yor nose and out through your mouth this has been sed for many years no and it seems to work

BOB

• Posted

Hi Dottie - I am going though that - it's really awful..and one works with the other - pain and anxiety. I've heard that meditation helps as well.

my doctor prescribed Clonazepam, which I find does relieve pain and anxiety, though I hate taking these prescribed drugs.

Also, I've been told that medical marijuana has strains that are relaxing as well as relieve anxiety, and pain, and I am planning to investigate this route,

I'm hoping this helps a bit.. 

The downside that I find Clonazepam is constipating,  Of course, if you have IBS type C, this isn't a good thing (i have that).

Other people have recommended meditation, which I haven't looked into.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.