Does anyone FAST for RA symptom relief or weight control?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

About 5 years ago in Arizona, I stumbled upon HCG and took a round that lasted 48 days.

The diet composed of 500 calories a day and taking a shot. I also had B12 shots and Turbo vitamin shors. I started swimming and I turned back my health clock 10 years or more.

About 18 months ago, I felt I was getting pnuemonia again - this being the 9th time. The last time I had it laid me out for 4 months. I very nearly died once of it. So, in an effort to dry myself out of the fluid I felt accumulating, I decided to try a FAST.

I created a fish broth that I could have with coffee and tea. I started thinking I'd try it for 3 days or so.

Well, the first 48 hours is the hardest then it became pretty easy. It was so easy, I challenged myself to keep going until I really couldn't go on.

Day 10 I ate a little chicken salad-maybe 1/2 cup, and went back to the fast until Day 13. I ate a couple of scrambled eggs then returned to fast. I finally stopped on day 17. And I felt great! My fluid had disappeared. I lost 20 pounds-all fluid, Im sure but who cares! I felt great.

After that, I started 1MAD for about 6 months.

I'm going to clean out my freezer and make my soup broth and go to 1MAD. Im going to eliminate wheat, all dairy, nuts. And, I may do a video diary this time just to see if it impactds my swollen joints.

So, anyone else have a FAST story or lifestyle?

Cheers!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't think I would fast as it seems extreme but each to their own

I do stick to 1200 calories a day and it usually suits me for about 10 to 12 days then I increase the amount to 14 to 1600 for 3/4 days and then back down again

It suits me so long as I watch my fibre intake as I can sometimes get constipated which effects my UC which is also a autoimmune disease.

I feel much better for keeping slim so that's why I do it

• Posted

Hi, Alexandria

I tend to stay in that 1200 calorie range, too. I really am not a foodie and actually don't think about eating most days until noon or 2-3 pm.

The health benefits of fasting for cancer and diabetes have been under a lot of research. There is a new study out now, from Johns Hopkins, as I recall, of RA and fasting. I saved it to read in full. As I recall, the study indicated people felt better while on the diet as inflammation was reduced. After they went off the diet, symptoms and pain returned.

I struggle with my digestion, too from my medications. I think my diet is mostly trying to keep my system moving. Ha, maybe that's why I like fasting. I am not slim but should be for the low calories I consume. When in Arizona and back at the pool, I'll drop about 20 pounds and feel better. Like you, I feel better, too.

Thanks, Alexandria 😃

• Posted

I'm same I do feel better for eating less and keeping my weight down below 9 stone 7 pounds really need to get down to 9 stone as I'm permanently on crutches and carrying extra weight is bad enough when your fit but horrendous having to put most of your weight through your arms

• Posted

Fasting is really hard for me as I feel the need to eat. I have done the 16 hour fast and eat for 8. I do know that people have MANY health benefits with fasting whether it's a few days or OMAD. Most do this to lose weight in the beginning but then find out they feel so much better-mentally and physically.

• Posted

Keto diet is like what you described.. On the re..it site there are more testimonies about this.

• Posted

Hi, Kelly!

After the hours of 40 to 48, it was a lot easier! I think I'd like to open a spa for people to come in and go to sleep for 2 days, fasting during this time to wake up refreshed and ready to fast longer. ckl.

Seriously, I couldn't believe I was able to go that long but I really felt so well with a huge energy spike in day 3 that kept going. I guess I was just getting to my real, natural weight when I felt the need to stop.

This past year, I sent out Dr.Jason Fung's book The Obesity Code to my friends for a birthday gift. None are obese but oddly all were pre-diabetic. His method worked for 5/5 in getting my friends off pre-diabetes medications.

If you ever feel like you want to try it, I'd be your FastBuddy. 😃

Nice to meet you, Kelly! 😃

• Posted

Thank-you!! I am just now trying to eat more protein, veggies and healthy fats.. Doing pretty good as well as drinking more water and tea. Losing 10-20 pounds and just to feel better mentally is my goal.

• Posted

hi bly, I saw your post earlier about Arizona and just wanted to throw a comment in that I live there for four or five years and I loved it but I didn't have RA. as far as your diet goes I'd say go for it when I was diagnosed with r a i went off all gluten dairy junk food sugar everything and I felt great

• Posted

Hi River! Cooool handle!

Arizona is pretty great, isn't it? I'm looking forward to it. I hope you're in another nice climate/place.

When I return I'm going to do the HCG injections with the B12 shots and hit the pool for some hard core sun before heading north.

That's so great you feel relief by eating better. I don't eat junk food, never soda, rarely sweets, rarely drink. I need to eliminate all wheat and probably dairy. I make my own yogurt-like a greek yogurt-good on my bran and with probiotics. I would miss that. Do you eat potatoes, starches, fruit or meat? Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I'll post a photo of AZ just for you, River! I may go to Tuscon to paint. 😃image

• Posted

Ha, River. I was trying out adding an image and it (unexpectedly) worked. This is a WIP of the San Xavier Cathedral outside of Tucson. I hope to get this back there to finish it. 😃

Nice to meet you, River!

• Posted

I lived in Show Low in the White Mtns, and all over the Valley. Mainly Apache Junction. I love the heat!! I never made it to Tucson though. I am back in Oklahoma new where I was born and raised and I am a true Okie 😃 Where do you live? What are HCG injections? When I went on my diet, we were going to a natural (?) doctor. She told me to not eat any red meat, just fish, chicken and turkey. My husband was on a much stricter diet so I went on it with him to make things easier. I NEVER dreamed that a meat and potatoe girl that loves biscuits and gravy could go without hamburgers, steaks and bread. We went gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and no junk food. I lost 20 lbs the first month. I learned new ways of cooking that was fun. I never knew you could make cauliflower bread. Actually I never quite made it but it was fun trying. LOL. The one vitamin that I will swear by is D3 1000mg daily. I got so fatigued that it made me tired to breath. I still take it and if I try to not take it, I am sorry. Here in the states you have to try all the old medicines before they will let you try biologics. Right now I am on Zeljanz XR. It's a pill and not an injection which I LOVE. It's worked for over 1 year now and I am really happy 😃 What medication are you on and if it's an injection, do you have trouble with the airlines?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.