Does anyone feel as if their legs feel tight with their fibromyalgia

Posted , 10 users are following.

Itchy skin. All over body pain . Fatigue.lower right rib pain

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

100% each and every bit. I have lumps that itch like crazy, legs tgat just feel thick and heavy. I have constant spasms in back and now walk with a limp!

Other than that I,m good! SORRY,

• Posted

Hi deirdre, sorry to hear what you're experiencing.  I'm always having problems with my legs.  Whether they're tight, buzzy (electrical pulse feeling), or just plain aching drawing pain.  Itching, yes....that comes and goes - got it right now though.  Blister type lumps or large flat red marks too and they itch like crazy.  Often get in the palm of my hands too.  Besides all the other problems associated with fibro sad

• Posted

Hello Deirdre,

everything that you, Bill and Jilly have mentioned is me to a tee. I know there are a lot of people fare worse off, but  Fibro is not a very nice thing to have as we all know.  

Big gentle hugs to you and other people with the same thing. x

• Posted

Sorry to say but I have the itchy skin too, some areas of the body more than others like the top of my thigh that has got a round mark from all the itching, and my arms, summer not that far behind and I'm worried about not being able to wear sleeves.

Did anyone else see or read an article about some research relating to fibromyalgia. Something to do with blood, saw it on Facebook so not sure how true it is could there finally be a definitive answer?

• Posted

I too get heavy legs, cramping, restless leg , tingling and itching. Biofreeze helps as does Epsom salt baths and magnesium.

As for the article you read oompa, I don't know if it's the same one I read about a new blood test for fibro. It was developed in the US and they are working to get the price down so insurance will cover it.

• Posted

Yes that's the one I read Kiki74, I really hope that if it is correct and that they have found a way to a cure that they bring it to the UK.

• Posted

No cure just finally a blood test that is more reliable that the tender points. Also helps recognise that we are not making this up and classify it as a real illness. Funny that they have a test here but we are so far behind other countries as recognizing it, helping get treatment and disability for those in need.
  • Posted

Itchy skin I've had for the last 3 yrs I have a back scratcher which helps a bit and I find using baby oil helps too. Fatigue I have all the time and my drs have said just get on with it I work which I find really hard to do but even they aren't sympathetic i work for a hospital and I'm supposed to work fast and efficiently but when i get fibro fog it slows me down and I doubt myself. Rib pain I get too it feels like my lungs get caught and it's extremely difficult to breathe. Wish I knew how to get help with work and living basically. I have a friend who has just fibro and back pain and doesnt work and gets help when I asked my Dr for help she said there was none I feel so low i want out of this life. But I know it's not the answer. I also suffer arthritis and chronic back pain life's not much fun at least I know on here I'm not alone.

• Posted

Hi Linda, have you asked your employers about flexible working, you're entitled to bring it to the attention of hr, unfortunately my employers declined, but I have a good relationship with my manager who ensures my work load is managed well. Sadly if we left work the benefit system does not always work, and I could not afford if I couldn't guarantee an income, but I have found when I'm not too stressed I'm better which is why I have not left work. I have been in a dark place for ages but despite the pain I'm managing, hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

I've had the itchy skin for over four weeks now, not nice on top of the pain and fatigue. I went to my surgery about it last week and the GP (not my regular one) told me that itchy skin wasn't a symptom of fibro and might be an allergic reaction to something. Hmmmm.....I started to think maybe she didn't know all that much about fibro.

• Posted

Yes. 10 years ago when my Fibro initially fired, I had the feeling of weights on my arms and legs daily. It felt as if I was walking through mud and my legs didn't work properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.