Does anyone feel bad straight after period ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone help me please . I have been having lots of symptoms for nearly two years now and I'm getting really fed up . Its mostly the stomach problems giving me grief . I can only explain it as just feeling 'off ' and often nauseous . I will be 50 in august and still having regular periods every three and a half weeks , sometimes heavy and painful and with a migraine . I have just finished my period and feel under the weather still . Also I have felt so hot and sweaty , but cold at the same time . Does this make sense , as it sounds really weird to me . I have had so many tests over these past two years , including a and e as I thought I was having a heart attack only to be told I was a fit and healthy woman . I have also been dealing with grief following the death of my mum in June 2015 . This has been such a horrible time . Thankfully I have put on all the weight plus more that I lost after losing my mum as I could not eat . Next I'll be moaning that I've put on too much 😂

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jane, I understand what you mean by feeling hot and cold at the same time. It is rather disturbing.

I also feel under the weather after my period. I had very heavy periods last years and I became anemic. After the period I was happy that it was over , but tired at the same time. Now my perions are lighter - good for anemia, but with the hormonal changes go also new symptoms. I feel "off" during my period, moody, depressed, and it continues a few days after the period stops. It is something new for me, a new symptom.

• Posted

Hi Lena I'm 51 and missed two months but my periods are back with a vengeance they were very heavy I had heavy periods got over 12 months and also was told I was anemic and put on iron did you have an iron supplement

• Posted

My worse week is always the week after my period. Must just be a low peak for our hormones.
  • Posted

Yes!! Just finished a very heavy period ( with a migraine for first 2 days of it) couple of days ago and feel rubbish!! Layed here while I write this suffering with anxiety/ panic attack. Have felt off since period ended.. tired, just not quite right. Hot but shivery. Falling asleep and boom the shakes started.. pretty much the same last month..

I seem to go a few months where symptoms arent too bad then a few where they are.. been like this for 5 years.. my doctor refused to do blood tests for menopausal symptoms.. said I was too young at 42 when I first asked!! I'm going to ask again..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.