Does anyone find it uncomfortable to wear socks?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Socks really make my feet burn and tingle... I've had this problem since January. All blood tests normal. I'm assuming it's just another crazy menopause thing! Anyone else?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi jen - i dont notice socks making my feet tingle & burn more, but i cant stand wearing anything constricting anymore, bra, pants, turtlenecks, spanx, shoes - ugh!

• Posted

I used to wear wired Wonderbras...good grief, I would feel as if I was being tortured if I wore those now! Now it's stretchy Genie bras (I got a heap of them on offer ages ago, but sadly I don't think they make them now) or the stretchy comfort bras which are stocked in Asda, Sainsburys, etc. I just put them on and forget, although they probably don't do anything for how one looks...but who cares. It's comfort all the way now, stretchy bras, stretchy trousers, and cardigans. Now, that's a whole other conversation...the cardigan...every mature woman's essential!

• Posted

Yes I am having bra trouble too. I can't find a good fit anymore. The ones I loved for so long seem to have developed a gap at the sides. I think gravity is taking over.

And, yes, I too love cardigans. I think that the young girls today who go around in tanks and short shorts must be very cold! I like my warmth and comfort in the stretchy pants with stretchy waistbands. I am so glad they are making more pants that way now. They are my comfy clothes!

• Posted

My feet burn all the time, no socks required.

Heard maybe Vitamin B5 could help but haven't tried it yet

• Posted

Oh, my goodness, yes I do. It's not my feet that give me problems though. I have always loved to wear socks that have enough elastic to at least stay up. But lately I've had weird sensations when I wear sock up on my ankles. And I used to wear ankle socks to bed but I just can't anymore. I have to wear those no show socks that just cover your feet. I thought it was just me.

• Posted

Following with interest because I have the exact opposite problem! I've never been a great slippers person, alhough I do have them for occasional use if it's really cold. However, I can't stand to be barefoot around the house and I have to wear socks to make my feet feel comfortable. Thin socks are no good either, I need to have my feet well padded if that makes sense? I like the really thick towelling-type socks, and they must be just ankle high, and have the arch support band so they really grip. It's actually difficult to find them in the shops at times.

Sorry, I've just realised as I type that I must sound like a complete sock-weirdo! I'm honestly not, but my feet feel so uncomfortable otherwise.

First world problems and all that, but isn't it strange how much your feet seem to matter as you get older!

• Posted

hi jen me too i get the burning feet alot either burning or frezzing ,i used to have it during pregnancy and was gone for the past two years i start getting it again all blood test came normal so i guess it is due to hormone ,the weird think sometimes just one foot and only around my big toe,i dont get lol ,but your not alone hun

• Posted

yes always have burning feet drives me made in bed x

• Posted

I used to love warm fuzzy socks. Now, I only wear thin ankle socks when the temp is below 60 degrees and I can't wear flip flops. Even in the winter, I take them off as soon as I get home from work.

• Posted

Dear All,

We are all in the same boat! I do not have feet problem, but I have the whole body problem. I feel all the clothing , pans like thousand of needle pinch my whole body. The tag on the cloth likes a knife cuts me all around the area. The feeling is unbearable! Now my head is itch! My blood work comes back is OK! I have been suffering all kind symptoms for three years. I do not know if it can be ended or not. So stressed!

Wish everyone has graduated from menopause can share their stories! Give us a hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.