Does anyone find that when they get sick, they REALLY get sick?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I was diagnosed w mono 8 months ago and I was acutely sick for two months. Since then when I get sick, for example right now I have a stomach thing and NOW I always get a fever with it. I used to never get fevers. And when I get sick, I just feel much more sick than I used to. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I think it makes sense since the virus is in your body and the immune system is battling the virus, so your resistance is low, and you just don't feel well.

The frustrating part is that it takes so long to recover from mono, and we keep feeling like we should be well, and then something happens and we're not!

Take care and rest when you are unwell, in time you will get completely well again. 😊

• Posted

Hey r05,

This can be normal I found that other colds / viruses hit me so much harder for a while after getting mono, and the low grade fever would come too. Just want to reassure that this does pass and go away completely with time, hang in there and thinking about you - it's not easy I know just praying that God will help us all today.

Craig

• Posted

Oh mine is a bit different. I think it is because our immune systems are low, but when I get a cold, I don’t feel the symptoms as bad, as it feels like a half cold if that makes any sense. But they linger and linger for weeks and it’s weird. I do think that when I will get a harder virus/bacteria it will be worse, as that would just make sense. 

The cold thing for me is really strange, as I think it is a cold because of the sneezing. 

But I do think what u have been experiencing is normal.

-Youngboy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.