Does anyone find themself obsessing about all the symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm curious if anyone absesses about thier anxiety and is constantly waiting and paying attention to every little sensation and symptom?  I have dizziness from an inner ear disorder and it drives me nuts.  I went back to my GP on monday and had a complete melt down in his office, I couldn't stop crying, he believes besides the anxiety I have depression.  But I find that all I do is watch for symptoms, if I get the least bit of dizziness or head stuff, like a falling feeling or floating, or turning my head and can feel a sensation, or get up and walk around and feel the dizziness, I have anxiety, I get mad and frustrated because I've had it for 10 months and I'm sick of it.  I've been doing meditiation everyday and trying to get my body to relax and my mind.  My thyroid meds have been off to, so things could be coming from anything.    I have an appt with a psychologist on May 27th and hoping this will help.  I have so many symptoms and I watch for each on.  HOw is it possible to have anxiety that is not caused by a disease?  I have health anxiety and all I do is look for what is causing this, and hope to find the disease before I get sicker.  But every doc i see says its anxiety disorder and I need to see the psychologist.  Is this really possible, to just have anxiety and not a disease that is causing it?  Do any on you have dizziness 24/7, that feels like your rocking or swaying and you can feel it thru your body?  I have it most days with head pressure, like air in the head, neck and shoulder tension, nausea, irritation, hot flashes that are worse, stressed al the time, worried all the time, leg aches, fears from no where.  

If anyone has any help, I would like to hear it.

THanks

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wish i knew how to stop this too. I have a sinus inf. And im obsessing about my ears and how my face feels. I was sitting here looking up natural remidies before. I would love this to just stop myself. It will when i am healed completely. What i do rememebr is when i was sick and little i used to say to myself next week ill fine..and i was. So do we not trust anything or anyone? Is that the problem? I feel like i am well versed in everything about anxiety to no avail. I cant figure out why it doesnt get into my sub concious already. My body needs to be my friend here. If i ate anymore healthy i would grow roots lol. I have had therapy and all kinds of breathing training. I am a spiritual person, more on the universal side as i have studied healing that way too. So i wish i had the answer here, but i dont. I just made myself a deal to ignore everything for one solid week because clearly im way too aware of my body. Its not a disease of the body, something is definetly not right with any of us, but noones figured it out and since certain meds calm it it so it has to be nuerotransmitters in the brain that are off in some way. I refer to it as a malfunction. If i was rich i would try acupuncture and messages, not chiro scared of that, but i would be curious on the other two. I would try retreats so much out there but thats reserved for the wealthy and who knows if thats the answer anyway. I priced it and its just too much. I dont have a clear health bill sadly but i have been explained our thought process arent even related anyway many dying are calmer then most of us. I will continue searching for that ah ha moment and hopefully find it. I hope we all find it. We would be the 26% of the world that would be so compassionate and loving because each of us knows suffering too well. Sorry i sound down, i feel on the lonely side with this crap and its annoys me and im the one doing it. I cant use any meds, a long time ago i could and it didnt even go well anyway so i am in the category of mind over matter now with anxiety stuff. we have to just keep forging ahead. But if it helps you are not alone at all.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I'm sorry your going thru this as well. THank you for replying, its awful to be thankful someone else know what this is like.  I suppose this does have something to do with neurotransmitters of the braiProblem is when taking things for sometimes can make it worse.  I tried the neurotransmitter route years ago and it only made it worse.  Maybe the brains malfunction just has to hopefully fix itself.  I just wish it was much faster and would stay fixed.  This is my third bout of health anxiety and this time its been awful..  But I hope you feel better and we all can find help.  Thank you again for talking with me.

• Posted

Hi patty I don't have any help, but im suffering too.I am very scared for 2 years 24/7 I feel off balance, I can't walk in straight line,although I don't walk for for this reason.the only time I feel normal when I sit down or lie down.when I Stan still it's like im rocking. And at times feels like a lot of pressure in my head. I've had loads of tests last November but im told everything is fine.this is ruining my life
    • Posted

Hi Simone

Im sorry your having this, the dizziness I call it, off balance and rocking sensation.  I think its the worst symptom to have.  The problem with it to me is, that when you feel it, and for me its most of time, it causes fear in me, then I get stressed and the anixety sets in.  I have mine when I'm standing and walking around, but also when I sit, I feel like I'm rocking in my head and sometime thru the body.  I do get the pressure in the top and front of my head.  Sometimes I feel like I"m falling or floating.  My Ent says its inner ear as does my GP but with health anxiety its hard to believe, especially since it came out of know where.  I hope you feel better and can find relief in this soon.  THank you so much for replying., 

• Posted

Hi, Patty I have been suffering from aniexty +Panic Attacks since I was 17.I'm now 43 I have been having panic attacks in my sleep.For the last 4 months I have been going thru sheer hell.I go to bed with Panic wake up in Panic.when I go to sleep I feel execrity sensations going straight thru my heart all night.The only relief I have is of the day lying on the couch. My hr goes up Everytime I get up.I've had a tilt test,ekg,heart holter,and stress test . I haven't got the result s back as of yet.Going for a sleep rest soon.I can here my heart beat I get panicky. I check my b.p. and heart rate off and on all day.I'm afraid to drive and go places bc of the fear of dying.Your not alone.I pray all day.hope this was some help.....
  • Posted

Since you have other problems with your help, your best bet is to really do two things. One, visit a psychiatrist (most likely a couple appointments) and discuss your problems. The next is to visit a general practitioner and inform them of your symptoms and other health problems. Your anxiety could be caused by the stress and constantly worrying about problems just exacerbates the problem. Schedule visits with experts and see what solutions you can come up with. However, when my anxiety was at its worse, I constantly felt dizzy and just wanted to sit down. If you haven't fainted or have other serious physical ailments it's most likely just anxiety or a panic disorder.
    • Posted

HI Colin

My GP says its anxiety and clinical depression, along with the inner ear disorder, called Migraine associated vertigo.  My ENT says migraine vertigo and I'm doing Vestibular rehab.  The GP and ENT want me to see the psychologist because the anxiety and stress  is making things worse.  I've had my heart checked and blood testing, a head CT and all are normal.  The dizziness has caused such fear in me because I'm afrain of disease and like all the docs have told me, dizziness is not a disease and I don't have a disease, but a disorder.  But with health anxiety its hard to believe what they tell me.  I will be talking with s psychologist at the end of May and am so hoping I can get to the bottom of these fears.  

Thank you tho for helping and chatting with me.  I do hope you feel better as well.

• Posted

I am taking an SSRI and it helps with the dizziness and weak feeling along with the anxiety. Perhaps your doctor can prescribe you something as well.
    • Posted

hi colin

my name is jackie, i'm new to these chats, i was in pretty bad shape but managed to sort myself out, mentally, physically,emotionally,

spritually, and every way. it would be great to hear from you colin.

bye for now

jackie54489

• Posted

hi patty im going thru exactly the same for 9 mnths now after an ear virus. my anxiety attackr have got worse im also suffering from derealisation and feel spaced out 24/7 tinnitus in right ear and wake up with panic attacks every morning
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

I'm sorry your going thru this, inner ear is awful and I had no idea this could cause anxiety to get this bad. Do you have the rocking sensation? Do you notice that when up doing things the walls or things look as if there moving like a buoy? Does the floor feel like it's moving like your walking on marshmallows? I really hate this dizzy stuff and. How it steals your life. I hope you feel better soon and if you want to talk, I'm here

Thank you for talking

• Posted

I know how you feel. I've had anxiety for over a year now. I've had some pretty bad health anxiety. I try and not think that I have a disease, but it can be hard. Really you just can't allow your mind to make up stories about the sensations you have. Not that it's easy, I still have it happen to me a lot of times. Like you, I get dizzy when I walk around or get up from sitting. It's as if I have a bunch of weight in my head and it just wants to fall to the ground. I also get strange, flutters through out my back as if someone made me numb. It's really strange when those sensation come. It can be hard not to think about them when you feel them all the time. I would say the worse one is when I feel like I'm not getting enough air to breath or that I have something in my throat. Anyways, I hope that you start to feel better in time. Anxiety can be a real pain, but know that you don't have to suffer alone. 
  • Posted

Hi

I'm exactly the same!

Every little thing is a massive thing to me and I convince my self it'seems a life threatening illness.

Iv been like this on and off for nearly 3 years now. Can't see a light at the end anymore.

Hope yours eases up soon.

• Posted

hi do you have anxiety and panic attacks? tinnitus? or an unbalanced feeĺing ? are u on any meds at the mo? im panicky and uneasy and worried sick how about u??
  • Posted

Anxiety/panic loves attention the more attention you give it the worse it gets.

Distract yourself  when an attack happens keep yourself busy

Stay Strongcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.