Does anyone get a bad taste in your mouth with IBS??

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have had a terrible taste in my mouth on and off.Sometimes I wake up with it.Possibly Gerd? Maybe a tooth infection..IDK.But my stomach has been acting up too so I was leaning towards Gerd.Anyone???

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, some people do get a a foul taste in their mouth with IBS although I haven't experienced this.
    • Posted

Thanks.It's terrible.I know I have had candida overgrowth in the past as well.I do have a slight oral thrush.I was recommended VSL#3 probiotic from a friend.I am going to give it a try.The taste in my mouth is gross and annoying...Glad you don't experience it 😊
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, how did you find out that you had candida overgrowth?

See a GI on testing for silent reflux.

• Posted

Hi there.I was told a few years ago through a stool sample and ultrasound.I have seen a GI and he told me I have acid reflux as well.I was suppose to get a endoscopy but was to expensive at the time even with insurance.I need to get one.
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, I was had stool test but never a mention of candida overgrowth. My ENT diagnosed me with acid reflux gerd last year but this year GI said I don't have it from a bravo test. All my blood results come back fine. Endoscopy/colonoscopy biospy came back fine.

I'm still following up and going to get another test next week.

I have a hiatus hernia and IBS-C.

we'll see.

I hope you will find your cause

• Posted

How was the endoscopy?For some reason I am petrified of having that test.What are your symptoms to have had these tests?I go through cycles of bad belly pain,bloating and gas for weeks at a time.
  • Posted

I don't get a bad taste so much but more of a sore/burning feeling in my mouth.
  • Posted

Hi Kelly

i also have a bd taste in my mouth.  I do have gerd.  Did you find any answers?

lynda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.