Does anyone get a numbness in their jaw line

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, husband gets this on and off and is extremely tired and seems to be breathing hard when you look at him.  Like a typical man "nothing wrong with me" but I am not sure, we have an appointment booked to see GP next week but just wondered if it was down to low levels of vitamins etc, he looks pale, is not losing weight, if anything putting it on which may be why be breaths so deeply. Just wondered more about the jaw/face than anything, as it seems so odd

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It may be that your husband is Vitamin B12 and/or Folate deficient symptoms of which include:

Weakness and fatigue

Light-headedness and dizziness

Palpitations and rapid heartbeat

Shortness of breath

A sore tongue that has a red, beefy appearance

Nausea or poor appetite

Weight loss

Diarrhoea

Yellowish tinge to the skin and eyes

If low levels of B12 remain for a long time, the condition also can lead to irreversible damage to nerve cells, which can cause the following symptoms:

Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet

Difficulty walking

Muscle weakness

Irritability

Memory loss

Dementia

Depression

PsychosisI am not a medically trained person but have had P.A. (a form of B12 deficiency) for 45 years.

• Posted

I would suggest your husband sees his GP and asks for some comprehensive blood testing. For B12 you need to look at B12, ferritin and folate, VitD is also worth checking. The other thing that might be causing his symptoms is thyroid imbalance.

That requires testing of TSH ( thyroid stimulating hormone), T4 and T3 , although most doctors will only look at the TSH. If that is high, it indicates that the body is struggling to make the thyroid gland work. When you consider that the thyroid controls how our bodies function, if it isn't working properly, it's like driving a car with your foot fully on the accelerator , but just about creeping along! Forgive the simple analogy, but it certainly describes how you can feel.

Returning to B12 for a moment, breathlessness was one of my first symptoms. I go to Yoga classes, and realised I was struggling with the breathing exercises. 

If your husband is pale, might he be Anaemic?

Plenty to ask the GP next week. 

Best wishes

Marion 

• Posted

Hi Marion, as mentioned to Clive I was thinking about this and will be asking for blood tests next week.  I intend to go with him which he is not happy about but tough LOL  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.