Does anyone get bruising with CFS?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all, just wondering whether people get any unexplained bruising or get easily bruised? I get them quiet often and it's worrying me. My rheumatologist said that it can happen as our body is over sensitive. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes get it all the time.. its a common symptom of ME/CFS I have a few at the moment that i have no idea where they came from. \i dont worry about it anymore. smile
  • Posted

Hi Rose, as Littleme and Caitlin have confirmed, we do seem to bruise more easily. I too never know where most of them come from. I kept getting bruises on my arms and it took me a while to work out they are just from my partner helping me out of the car. We are like fruit and need to be handle with care lol xx
  • Posted

Yep. I bruise real easily. Often, I have no memory of what might have caused a bruise.
    • Posted

Do you know the science behind it? And as why we bruise very quickly?. 
  • Posted

Easy bruising is a sign of EDS III which can be related to CFS. Maybe worth getting checked out?
    • Posted

Eds is hereditary so unless there's a family member that has it,then it's not eds. Me / CFS has easy bruising as a part of it's diagnosis. It's a change in the skin and tissue usually related to circulatory issues.

• Posted

Now you come to mention I do now and again. My husband who hasn't got M.E. gets bruises a lot in fact his hands are covered in bruises. I don't know how old you are, but he says he has been told his are age related. He is 76.
  • Posted

EDS ? i had cfs for few years and bruising due to little knock i down .

the wife does when blood taken does get a BIG one were they take the blood .

the gp is only a phone call away . they will run tests unsure which,

is there a family member same easy ? as could be family history ??

• Posted

I bruise easily too, to the point where someone at my gp's office was so concerned that she asked me if i had an abusive partner, i felt bad for her cause she seemed reluctant to believe me, was very nice of her but I couldn't seem to really put her mind at rest.  I also sometimes feel so sensitive that someone can lightly prod me with their finger in the arm or leg and it's so painful I feel like they have punched me.  I was diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome once (and told I was at the very low end of the scale) but looking back I think they were just trying to give me a diagnosis to hold onto, as I have never dislocated anything in my life, I heal really quickly and my skin doesn't tear easily.  I think hypermobility and EDS are linked (or can be).  I seemed to have been diagnosed due to my general flexibility for my age, the fact I had IBS, and I apparently have a reasonably high palette in my mouth and I was double jointed to a degree when I was a child - but i find it hard to imagine that these few minor things are things causing me/cfs (excluding ibs when i say minor before anyone takes offence)
  • Posted

Yes, yes, yes. All the time. I have right now a lemon sized bruise on my thigh. Had it for about a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.