Does anyone get frequent colds or bugs ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just out if curiosity I have a cold or some sort bug every couple of weeks some mild some worse then others does anybody else with anxiety have this if not I guess I have a weak immune system it will come on so sudden obviously causing anxiety to spiral

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hey steph, i didnt believe i had anxiety, and still dont to be fair, but i have ALL the physical symptoms of it. 

I am constantly ill, always have tonsilitis, always run down, always have a cold, always feel sick, and i always look so ill, my skin is horrible and my hair is so rough, i dont know why we get so ill xx

• Posted

It's horrible isn't it I just don't understand it either also the whole believe it's anxiety thing I don't deep down believe it but I suppose then thays the thing with anxoety you don't believe it I'm run down all the time ill sneezing ect ect ...

Maybe it's a anxiety thing 😐 xx

• Posted

yepppp, its taken me 6 months to actually believe that it could possibly just all be down to anxiety. do you get blurred vision at all ? i dont feel anxious, but i must be, because i have all the physical symptoms 24 7. im always ill, and always dont feel as if im in my body, like im on autopilot. 

But yeah im always ill, i dont know if it has anything to do with anxiety ? 

• Posted

Yes I get blurred vision I could write down a massive list of symtoms haha ! I'm really bad with symtoms everyday is a struggle feel like my body's torturing me I'm going to ask my doctor next time I go I'm trying to stay away but I need to know because the colds ect make my anxiety 100% worse xx
  • Posted

In my younger years I suffered with colds and flu quite a bit and I found that it did add to my general anxiety quite a bit.

As there was no real cure for either of these problems other than rest, warmth and plenty of fluids I soon learned to accept that this was just me and simply got on with life as un pleasant as it was.

When I hit round about thirty years of age my whole metabolism appeared to change of it's own accord as if overnight, and the symptoms just disappeared.

This has been the case now for the past 40 years and I hardly ever suffer with either a cold or flu now adays, despite those around me sniffing, coughing and spluttering with those same symptoms.

I think it is just one of those general growing-up things that some people succomb to, but if it really troubles you your doctor might have some advice and help for you to hand.

Best wishes

Rod

• Posted

Quite correct Steph, anxiety and depression which are linked psychomatic disorders have been known to cause havoc to the auto immune system.
    • Posted

Thank you I did have one full 6 months without a cold or anything I don't know why but yes maybe it is a growing up thing hopefully I'll grow out of it because I'm always the one ill then I pass it onto my children sometimes nobody else catches it though that's what confuses me I'm more ill then my children that are young my mum said as a child I was hardly ill accept stomach bugs maybe iv always had a weak immune but then I've had anxiety from a early age too
  • Posted

Hi there, 

I am not medical, so may be wrong; but I'm sure I've read somewhere that stress and anxiety can affect your immune system? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.