Does anyone get headaches with their PEs?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had really bad headaches, I would say it could have even be migraines when I was on rivaroxiban. I switched to apixaban where I still had headaches but not quite as bad. I then switched to tinzaparin, where I have hardly any side effects apart from bruises and lumps where the injections go in. I have been on that for 2 a bit months and in the last week I have had a bit of chest pain which had cleared up and these weird one side of the head headaches. The right side of my head hurts at the back and I get pain over my eye. I also feel a little bit of numbness over that side of the head. It isn’t really bad just annoying. Does anyone else have this? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Both gave me headaches, along with a lot of other issues
  • Posted

Massive headaches on Rivaroxiban. Now on warfarin and occasionally get minor headache if inr drops.
  • Posted

I had left temple headaches on rivaroxiban. Switched to apixaban and have none. While I was taking Xarelto, and now while taking Eliquis, I make sure I stay hydrated. When I drank enough water, the headaches went away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.