Does anyone get pain in cheeks/arms/hot flashes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello gals!!

Over the past 6 months or so I have been experiencing occasional discomfort in my cheeks(almost like when you put a piece of food in your mouth and your salivary glands kick in to overdrive)..almost like I have to drool....its weird, but I have been to ER twice to make sure that it is not a "lady "heart attack and have been worked up(stress test, 30 day event monitor) and its not my heart...so...????  I had a period in October after 3 months of skipping and all the symptoms seemed to disappear...now that i am skipping again the hot flashes and cheek and arm pain back...it comes and goes and doesn't happen often...coudl it be estrogen related??  I know of some people who get the drooling thing when pregnant...gahh...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just get chronic burning in my aems and legs when i use them i dont jnow if uts menopause or not tho im sick of going to the docs,has anyone else suffered this and had a diagnosis,its so debilitating
  • Posted

My Dr sent me to a neurologist. I'm going for a nerve test. Thinks it's my nerves. We have a lot of swelling when we get older and have all of the hormonal changes. Could be pressing on nerves. Sounds realistic to me.

• Posted

Are you and I related? I just went to the ER Tuesday by ambulance because I haven't been feeling right, had a weird pain in my chest and weird kind of tightness in my jaw on left side. Thought I was having a heart attack. My sinuses, face and head have been all fuzzy. Bloodwork was good, they kept me and did stress test which should an abnormality so then I had a heart catherization done Thursday. Arteries are clean and they found a tiny defect but nothing that losing weight and getting blood pressure down can help. Anyway, my point is that I had a couple female cardiologist admit the hormone changes screw things up in women. So i'm relieved about my heart but I still feel like crap lol.I get all the weird feelings all the ladies complain about!

• Posted

We could definitely be related!!!  lol!!  I had a stress test that showed a "possible abnormality", so they did a stress echo and it was  normal.  Was worked up in the ER both times...cardiac enzymes negative, EKG normal;...24 hour holter normal, 30 day event monitor...all normal...was feeling better and then a couple of time this week the cheek tightness(I get it in both cheeks) and the arm pain...both arms, in my bones sort of of...and now gone and feel completely normal..  I am a nurse so I tend to over-thiink things, but i am so afraid they are missing something...should i push for a cardiac cath?????  dont really want one, but is that the only way I will have peace of mind???  oh and I too have the fullness on the sinuses and head.. It lasted from May until about October when i finally got serious and went to a different doctor who really got on my diet, etc. Allergies???   They want me to execise but Im afraid to, although went  cross-country skiing yesterday and was completely fine...my symptoms happen when Im at rest, not exertion...i just want to feel normal again!!!  thanks so much for your replies ladies, it means a lot to know we are not alone in this!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.