Does anyone get really hit or really cold out of the blue?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

My anxiety is much better, I hope everyone else has been feeling better...

But I still get really hot or cold heat or cold waves and it's just the worst.

Does anyone here experience it also?

Thank you smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Ronnie yes being experiencing the same and feeling extra sensitive to the cold. Been to gp with this and all other symptoms. Assured me that this is also stress and anxiety related. Put back on citrolapram due to being on them before and feeling lots better. Seems anxiety can be responsible for so many problems. Take care xx sue
    • Posted

Hello Sue,

I also spoke to my CBT therapist and she told me that it is super common.

I was literally sitting in her office when I got there, sweating, and she was wearing a coat and holding a mug of tea... makes me feel insane..

I was actually the exact opposite... I used to be always SO COLD and now things are the exact opposite...

Strange...

Anxiety is such a big pain and I wish everyone the best of luck because no one deserves this..

thank you smile

• Posted

Yes, sometimes I'll be just sitting down and then I get hot to the point of having to strip down and hold something cold to my head or when the cold is worse wrap up in a dressing gown and a few blankets.

I assume in my case it happens because I'm run down. I get run down every few months and get stuck with flu symptoms and mouth ulcers/splits etc. Then it all stops after a week or two.

It's ridiculous smile ha.

• Posted

Same thing!

In class, i have to sit next ot the window because I need the fresh air and it makes me feel better that the window is open.

My face usually starts getting really red and hot and I have to get out o fthe classroom and clam down and then everything just kind of falls in it's place. But the worst thing is, is that it just comes right out of the blue...

I hope you feel better! smile THANK YOU

• Posted

Hi Ronnie

Pleased your anxiety is a bit better.

What are these cold waves you get please. I get what I call cold feelings, kinda cold and tingly going all over my body. Makes me feel awful and scared. Do you feel like that or is it different?

Thanks

Sam x

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I actually get the cold waves right after the heat waves. I get really hot and I start stripping down to just a T shirt and after I kind of relax I start shaking and become really cold. 

I sometimes get tingly, usually in the morning...

Thank you smile

• Posted

I get that when my anxiety flares up, or if I'm just dehydrated, to be honest. I mostly get it before bed, or when I'm in a store. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.