Does anyone get stabbing/prickly pains between shoulder blades?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wondered if anyone has attacks of stabbing or prickly type pains between shoulder blades as had these last couple of days and suffer indigestion and sure i have something not right with my gall bladder as i sometimes get pains under right side of ribs, bloating and burping and occasional nausea. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes at the beginning but didn't know at the times it was gallstones. Had pain under rib on right side that felt like a stitch x
  • Posted

Hello

Have you been diagnosed with gallstones? If not, this definitely sounds like it. When I had a medium to bad attack I always got pains in my shoulder blades, generally the right hand side. Your gallbladder is located just under your ribs on the right hand side too. I'd recommend going to a doctor if you haven't been diagnosed yet x

• Posted

Hi Hannah, i had ultrasound but they could not see any stones but i have read they dont always show or can be sludge in gall bladder.  I will have to see what doctor suggests if they continue thanks.
    • Posted

That really does sound like gallstones, would definitely express your concerns with your doctor. Good luck x
  • Posted

Yes, I get it on the right side. Sometimes it's a dull ache
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa, sometimes its a throbbing ache to right side and sometimes its like a stitch. It seems to have settled at moment but it does seem to come and go x
  • Posted

Hi Frances exactly same pains,as you stitch and throbbing. My ultrasound showed no stones either but i saw a consultant last week who says they don't necessarily show and he has referred me for another type of scan as well as an Endoscopy.
    • Posted

Hi Sam, let me know how you get on and what type of scan you have. Thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.