Does anyone get such severe trapped gas all day long?

Posted , 7 users are following.

One time I have to eat every 3 hours to calm down the bloating, gurgling, rumbling and nausea and the next time the eating is exactly what starts it up to the point where I can't eat or drink a thing. Laying down is my only relief. As soon as I stand up I am sick. Have severe ibs and gall bladder surgery. This just started 7 months after the surgery not right after. Am so scared. Went to ER got cat scan, blood, urine and culture was only thing that showed bacteria. Help.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Audrey I can't help with the condition it self, but you got plenty of tests already, so there is no need to completely panic, which can make things just worse. I am talking from my experience.

• Posted

i cant exactly tell you what is wrong but i can tell you that being a person who struggles with anxiety, one of my biggest problems is my stomach. stress can have a huge impact on the way your body functions.. especially your stomach. have you ever felt sick or gassy when you are nervous? like before a presentation? its the same thing. i have nausea, gas, bloating & heartburn every single day due to anxiety. i hope u get the help u need .

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

I also suffer from anxiety issues and lately I've been having stomach issues as well. I find after eating sometimes my stomach gets very crampy. It seems to be more common after spicy, fatty, or acidic foods. Do you think, in your experience, this could be anxiety related? Or is it probably just a stomach issue. I plan on seeing a gastro dr in a couple weeks.

• Posted

Did not test for hpylori yet. Have to see GI doc yet and dreading the "scope". Tried aciphex and Tums. Got sicker with the aciphex but better with Tums but only a little help. Now using Carafate and that makes me sick for 15 minutes before it helps a little. Fed up and depressed.

• Posted

Hi audrey23249

Instead of eating solid food have a go at drinking food such as fruit and veggie smoothies or milkshakes. You have to have nutrition so you can't stop eating. Make the smoothies with probiotic yogurt and some milk. Milk is alkaline so should neutralise any stomach acid. Try 'Wind-eze' from the pharmacy which will ease the built up gassy bubbles which are causing the bloating....

• Posted

Hi Mary, the problem is I can't have any dairy, yogurt, fat, spices, corn, veggies, fruit, etc. so I have nowhere to turn.

• Posted

Hi audrey32349

When you say you have bacteria..what bacteria.... is it...HPylori??

• Posted

Hi Mary

sorry I didn't answer. New phone and new discussion so I lost you.

It was in bladder but test was redone and no uti

Need to eat evrry 2-3 hours after gallbladder surgery. Think I have a bile problem, gastritis on top of ibs. Not sure. Pressure and bloating is unbearable unless I eat. Always at about 4or5pm I am the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.