Does anyone get swelling with LS

Posted , 4 users are following.

So when my LS symptoms started I also had a few episodes of swelling of my labia, I can only describe it as an allergic reaction type swelling. On two occasions only antihistamines brought the swelling down. I mentioned at my dermatologist apt and they didn't really say anything. Now it's happened three times in as many weeks but generally the other symptoms have been quite controlled. I'm wondering if it's LS related or something else! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had same symptoms and a few weeks ago I had an horrendoous rash/burning on one side of my face with swelling on my cheek and was prescribed antihystamines and stong anti biotics as doc thought it an allergic reaction or a bite. Since taking these I have had no flare ups of the LS and although it may be a coincidence I was glad of the break and keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way. 
  • Posted

Interesting you say this as I get he same, I'll ask my doctor too the next time I see him.
  • Posted

I had a lot of swelling too and attributed it to reactions to everything I was using.  I seemed okay with the clob ointment but had trouble with everything else, vaseline, aquaphor, vitamin e, coconut oil, you name it.  For the swelling I took a antihistamine at night and then discontinued use of everything except the steroid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.