Does anyone get very anxious when aura begins in migraine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get very anxious when I get an aura. Does anyone else? and if so, is there anything you can do about it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if anxious is the right word I can feel frustrated, annoyed concerned or whatever because I just don't want them, they are an inconvenience to me, from what I understand they are harmless but can sometimes leave you a bit off it afterwards. I grew up with classic migraines which changed over my adult life and I had my first aura at around 60 I'd get maybe one or two a year then last year I started getting them more frequently maybe 2 a month. I would suggest you try and recognise triggers and understand them more so they don't become a new scare everytime you get one, speak to your GP about how you feel they may be able to explain what's happening and better reassure you. We can do this 💪

• Posted

i have had three this week and they scare the living daylights out of me. I am traumatized after every aura experience. this week i read the Angela Stanton book on migraines and found it very enlightening. i recommend it. all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.