Does anyone hate being alone?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I find with my anxiety at the severity it is that i hate being alone. My partner works nights and everytime he does a shift i feel on edge, cant sleep well and anxious. I do have my 2 year old daughter with me but i think that adds to the anxiety because although shes company i think what if im ill and no one is here with us or what if i feel so ill i need to get to the hospital but i cant just up and go when i have my daughter on my own.  It doesnt help that i feel badly detached from myself i feel like i cant feel my body like its not mine and its worse at night i feel so strange all the time. Does anybody ever feel like this? 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Moo88. Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. I went through that when I had young children, too. They didn't get to play outside when they were young because I was so afraid I would pass out and they would wander off, drown in the kiddie pool, etc. I had no one to talk to because I was afraid they would think I was unfit. Thank goodness for forums like this where you can talk about it and not be judged. Anxiety no longer rules my life. Most days are anxiety free, except the normal worries about my kids driving on icey roads, etc. When you breathe in, do your shoulders and chest rise? If so, you are likely hyperventilating. This causes many, many weird symptoms, including what you describe. Learn to breathe with your diaphragm. It's as easy as lying down and placing a book on your stomach. When you breathe in and out, the book should rise and fall. Your chest should not move. To further calm yourself, count backwards slowly from 100 to 0 as you practice your breathing. Do this often, even when not feeling stressed. This will keep the stress hormones from circulating so freely. Let me know if this helps. Hope you're feeling better. 
    • Posted

Hi thank you for the reply. Its weird you saying that because my mom went through the same thing after having children ie anixious, feeling ill as if something bad may happen. Hers was probably worse than mine because she was always going to the hospital apparently. She eventually got back to her old self with the help of medication. Did yours start from having children? I always feel like im being weighed down that kind of lightheaded feeling. The spaced out feeling is horrible i have had it months some days worse than others. I keep thinking i hope its nothing neurological because i get muscle twitches to all over my body not daily but often.x
    • Posted

Anxious
    • Posted

Hi Moo88. I do think that the hormonal changes after my second baby triggered my anxiety and panic. With my first baby, I had postpartum depression. Hormones can really make life miserable sometimes. Your mom sounds like what I went through. I was ambulanced to the hospital one time and driven to the emergency room several times. I was ambulanced to another hospital to get a pacemaker because of heart palpitations. Thank goodness I didn't have to get one. My heart is now fine and unmedicated. I get the occasional skipped beat, but that is apparently normal. My panic attacks caused all kinds of heart symptoms. I get the leg twitching sometimes, too.  Even my eye twitches and it drives me crazy. It's probably due to dehydration because I dont drink enough water. Try not to worry too much about it. If we had every disease that our symptoms were a part of, we would be a medical freak patient. smile  It's just not possible. Be well. 
  • Posted

I used to hate being alone at the beginning but you are in that vicious circle about being anxious of being anxious. When my husband used to go to work I used to tell myself things like it's ok nothing happened when he's home nothing will happen now he's not, I use to keep myself busy and eventually it's like me and my anxiety got used to it and I wasn't anxious about him not being there anymore bear with it Hun it does get easier honestly. I even had a friend spend nearly the whole summer with me when he was a work as I didn't want to be alone and in time it was easier x good luck xx
  • Posted

Wow this could be me writing this, my husband is a fireman and due to my aniexty I'm constantly on edge that he is going to be called away! I have two young babies one of 11 months and the other is 2rs. I have an on off light headiness all day and when I'm being left alone it totally goes through the roof and I almost want to beg my husband to stay at home. I don't want people to think I'm not coping but equally I need some help! Will this pass as the boys grow older, I just want to feel myself again sad your not alone x 
  • Posted

Yes I feel exactly the same. I live with my parents and have a 3 year old son but at night when im in bed on my

Own I panic even though they r in the house i always think what If I get so ill I can't call them. At the moment I have my 13 year old niece staying with us in my room just till my tablets kick in which im hoping is soon. Also does anyone suffer with clogged ear my left ear has been clogged for 2 months and all the doc is saying is it will heal on its own but it's making my anexity ten times worse 

• Posted

Which tablets do you take? Are you having any side affects yet? Im feeling really anxious today x
    • Posted

I am on sertraline and don't know if it side effects on getting or still physical anexity symptoms I also have good days and bad days with the good days I'm still down and have some symptoms but not as serve like the bad days
    • Posted

I also take diazepam
  • Posted

Hi Moo88,

I am feeling the same although my son is a senior in high school. My husband is my rock supporter and he has to go out of town on trips for 4 nights. I have no family or close friend to ask to come sleep over, I try to keep as busy as I can and hopefully feel tired enough to go to sleep. Do you have a family member or close friend to stay with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.