Does Anyone Have Abdominal Pain and CFS/ME?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

The Nutcracker Syndrome (Left Renal Vein Compression) has been associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for many years. I have a friend that has this condition and severe compression of her Left Renal Vein causing CFS/ME. I was diagnosed with a similar condition about a year ago called May-Thurner Syndrome or Cocketts Syndrome (Left Iliac Vein Compression). After a simple stenting procedure almost overnight I got complete relief from the fatigue and CFS/ME symptoms.

Is it possible that these rarely diagnosed and poorly understood Vascular Compression Syndromes of the Abdomen are a very likely underlying cause of CFS and ME?

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You raise an interesting point... CFS is composed of many different possible casues. Lupus, Weils, Lyme being amongst them as well as compunded stress, and various physiological failings. ME seems ot be an infection of mitochondria..... The problem is that the CFS/ME group does need subdividng into its components to allow perhaps better managemenrt and control. This requires better diagnosis and accurate diagnosis. Currently it is a process of elimination and once hte mamjority of common ailmnets are ruled out then CFS ME is givene. It is then up to the patient to understand their illness and persue further diagnisis, the right or wrong of this is debateable but... There is no overall cure becasue there is no overall illness. A variety of contributing illnessses and physiology yes.... Your notes should persuade more people to take charge and try to get the actual diagnisis with various more tests, however for the exhausted and severly ill and depressed amongst us this will be hard to virtually impossible. Again shows the need for advocacy to help support people in this position achieve their diagnosis.... is this affordable or supportable? i would hope so but actually doubt it... I therfore reamin an ME sufferer who displays the symptom of CFS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.