Does anyone have anxiety habits?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I notice that I swallow too much my salvia and it causes me to have a rash in my throat. I just been having this feeling like if there's a hair or feather in my throat that's why I also swallow my saliva. It also causes me to have headache and that increases my anxiety 😖. Does anyone's headache causes their anxiety to go up?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes any pain, or cold flu, makes my anxiety worse.

My habit is smoking I guess and more and more the more anxious I get.

• Posted

And you hit the nail on the head with yr comment.the flu actually makes anxiety much worse usually just after the flu dies down .as yr immune system fights the flu it also depleats the feel good chemicals like endorphins and serotonin at the same time thus the anxiety gets much worse for weeks. Then we find ourselfs having to learn how to control a much higher degree of anxiety/panic which is very daunting and hard to cope with.
  • Posted

JUDI

How do you know you have a rash in your throat. If your throat feels dry have a glass of water and try some tickly cough medications from the chemist or Supermarket.

Your headache sounds like stress, all I can suggest is you try and take some Nurophen for a few days until your head feels a little better

It will soon be Christmas so you need to be all happy and be responsive with those around you, try and forget your Anxiety for the next two weeks

A Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

BOB

• Posted

swallowing alot might be an anxiety symptom itself and the more you keep swallowing the dryer yr throat will become and cause a feeling that there is a flap of skin in yr throat that wont go away.also if you tense yr jaw alot and grinding yr teeth then that could be causing yr headaches or throat dryness. the rash that you explain might be just because yr swallowing to much.as regards the headaches if your worried about the headache being something serious then that will certainly highten yr fear and anxiety will start yr mind off with horrid thoughts of a serious illness. So yes the headache will make your anxiety worse.hope you find comfort soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.