Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a really bad cold. my eye and nose are stinging and streaming worse than if I am chopping onions. Does anyone have any remedies or medications they can recommend for this problem? I am taking max cold and flu all in one sachets, unfortunately it is no help with this problem.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

only thing to do with bad cold is take paracetamol keep warm and wait. There are lots of useless remedies out there and non will do anything better than Paracetamol, all they do us drain your wallet.

• Posted

I sometimes use menthol crystals got from the chemist. You add the crystals to hot water and inhale. You can put a towel over your head to keep the vapour in if you want. My father's cure for colds is Drambuie, whisky, blackcurrent and hot water mixed together. He then discovered he could miss out the hot water by putting the mug in the microwave!

• Posted

Hallo just got your message...sounds very much like...a bug you are suffering from..is being caused by infected sinuses...not uncommon for it to. Cause a runny nose...but i.do.feel very concerned about your eye....they are very precious....if infected...it needs to be taken care of.....probably will.need drops...and a course of antibiotics.....if your problem does not settle ...by tomorrow....and the eye problem is no better....i.know its rather a bit of an hassle...but Dr,s surgeries will be closed over the weekend....but if you require help....dont wait till.then...go. to.your nearest hospital..A and E....and get checked out....they will check you out...and give you medication....and drops for your eye.....better to.be safe....than sorry....so many winter bugs around at the moment....always best to.get checked...more so,if it is effecting your eye...and it will.ease your worry....and you will.get treatment....dont worry!!....you will.get treated well.

• Posted

I have had eye infections before so I know this isn't one.

I can only describe what I have as a sneeze waiting to happen but it doesn't always come so you don't get the relief. So for example, you get that horrible irritating eye and nose feeling and it hurts without the sneeze at the end. Does that make sense? It is so annoying! This is the 3rd day of it! I actually think I have 2 cold viruses because I was round someone who had a cold last week and they now are getting another cold from someone else we have both been around who had a cold! Just my luck 2 for the price of 1!

• Posted

Hello! Have you tried Flonase nasal spray?? It used to be a prescription but is now over the counter. When I have the problem you are describing I find that Flonase (used nasally)..helps to reduce both the nose and eye symptoms, because it is a steroid antinflammatory nasal spray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.