Does anyone have cramps without a period?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi friends! I have almost constant cramps! They feel like menstrual cramps all the time. My periods have become very irregular but the cramps never leave! Anyone else? Is this another peri menopause symptom?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When I started peri, I thought I had constant cramps too. Turns out it was digestive. I have ibs and peri made me have cramps from that. I have some medicine that relaxes my colon spasms and that makes all the difference in the world. But it sure felt like the same cramps I had with a period.
  • Posted

Try taking a calcium / magnesium supplement.  Calcium is good for this and of course you need to take the mag with it for absorption.

Hope it helps.

• Posted

Sorry to start the post on a negative note, but my periods stopped over a year ago but I still often get mild 'pre monthly miseries'!sad

It was worse a couple of years back, but I found diet had a lot to do with it. once I dropped the sugar, reduced bread and started eating more fresh veg and fruit, a lot of the problems cleared up.

Stress has a lot to do with it too. You feel 'off', that stresses you and then you feel worse. Once you realise that it breaks the cycle.

Magnesium is very important for many reasons, but I prefer to get my calcium from my diet. I don't like calcium OR iron supplements - too much like eating rock!

• Posted

Hi, Lorene, I think we experience all sorts of strange feelings and symptoms

with this damn thing we are going through but like one of the other ladies

said, stress can be a lot go do with it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this

was another symptom as I have had many weird ones throughout the

years. It could also be your body adjusting, mine was like that.

Hope that it all settles down for you soon?

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.