Does anyone have experience of taking more than 10mg Escitalopram?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm interested to know if anyone has found a noticeable benefit in being on 15mg vs 10mg (or even 20mg). I've worked my way up to 10mg and I also take Mirtazapine (both are for a severe/acute insomnia/anxiety related disorder) and I'm considering whether it is worth trying to increase the Escitalopram further

I consistently try to taper slowly off the Mirt over months and can get quite low down, but then every time something else in life triggers another insomnia bout and I end up back to square one and upping that dose. My ultimate wish/goal would be to be on the right medication to NOT have these insomnia-anxiety bouts in the first place (I could never stay on Mirt long term because of the weight gain).

My experience with Escitalopram as others have mentioned is that after upping a dose I feel great for about a week ("Is this what normal people feel like?!") and then it evens back out and I feel exactly the same as I always have done (even before the meds). I'm curious to know if anyone has actually experienced any benefit from being on a higher dose of Escitalopram?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Gillian there is a really good facebook group called lexapro support. there is also another one for all SSRI meds. it might be worth having a look on there as people respond pretty much straight away and there is a lot of people going through the same or similar x hope that helps as I don't get any replies on lexapro forum on here.

• Posted

Thanks very much, that's really good to know - I'll have a search and join it! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.