Does anyone have experience withdrawaling from 240 mg of propranolol ER?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on propranolol for 11 years for migraines/anxiety and panic. I need to start withdrawing from my does before ttc and I'm so nervous! My doctor said to reduce my dose to 120 mg for 2 weeks, then every other day for 2 weeks and then stop taking it. Most of the threads I've seen are regarding smaller doses or are not extended release, which my doctor said was associated with less symptoms. Any help is appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ttc ?

ive been on 80 mg sustained release for three years, mine are in capsule form. Worked out that in each capsule there are 80 'beads' of the drug so I'm reducing by removing 10 every day for a week then 10 each week until stopped. I was prescribed it for tremor which works but I also have chronic migraine and anxiety. I am starting natural remedies if they don't work I'll have to go back on propranolol and put up with the side effects.

Anyone else ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.