Does anyone have flashing lights in their eyes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

for the past few years i keep getting light sensitivity and flashing even when my eyes are closed and not one professional can tell me whats going on so my question is.. do any of you out there suffer from this at all or am i insane?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

if you get floaters as well it could be vitreous detachment, but they should have told you that. You say not one professional can tell you what is going on, what professionals have you seen? Have you seen a gp or an optician? Or have you had a hospital appointment with an opthalmologist?

• Posted

hi im in a similar situation ive had constant flickering like a candle flickers? flashes at the bottom of my right eye they ate more prominant and faster than in the start. i was refered to an otholmologist then told i had small tares and the gel was tugging on the retiner i had laser to close the holes to safeguard against retinal detatchment but the clickers are still there.

whats myopic? btw please

• Posted

myopic is short-sighted. the reason I mentioned it is because people who are, are more likely to get floaters and flashing lights even with their eyes shut. If I move my head quickly with my eyes shut, I always get flashing lights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.