Does anyone have hoarseness with menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone notice a hoarse voice with menopause 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirl, I do experience throat issues dry and feel lumpy way sometimes freak me out I promise to go to the Dr with this and see what she thinks about my throat to my stomach down.
  • Posted

I had issues a few years ago with being hoarse. It turned out that i have an under active thyroid i had others symptoms with it as well.
  • Posted

I had it for like a year!!! I even woke up one morning where I could hardly speak! PLUS I had heartburn like non stop and still get the heartburn off and on! 
  • Posted

Oh my goodness.  I keep having a sore throat.  Not like a cold type.  It is uncomfortable feeling when I swallow.  I can't decide if it is from anxiety or post nasal drip or what.  I was sure hoping someone else was having throats issues.  

• Posted

Oh, thank God! I thought it was just me. I've been hoarse off and on since October. I do have some nodules on my thyroid, but my exam in August was normal. I go back in February, I'll ask my doctor about it. Also the weather where I am has been crazy and people's allergies have been acting up.

• Posted

I feel like my throat is sore on and off, and my nose is stiffy on and off. Kind of a post nasall drip.
  • Posted

Yes, my voice changed. Not a bad change because I had a high-pitch voice before. So, this change I like.
  • Posted

Yes I have the same thing and lost my voice for one day ,really scared me,just began phase of no more periods 😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.