Does anyone have mouth symptoms with anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do any of you notice the tip of your tongue is more red and litte "lie bumps" show up. I'm freaking out cause now I think I have oral cancer. I have a small bump on mu tongue that doesnt hurt, but ivr also got a tasre bud that does hutt and is red. Can anxiety cause mouth issues? My anxiety is insanely horrible. I truly believe I'm a hypochondriac. Sometimes hate myself because of this. I'd do anything to make it go away.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My tongue gets little bumps and stuff all the time, and my piercing in it gets infected a few times a year = )   Probably shouldn't be a smoker, but meh. 

I don't think anxiety causes mouth issues, it's probably some food you ate, or maybe you bit it in your sleep. Tongues go through alot, they have to touch everything you eat! 

Eat anything spicy lately?

• Posted

My gums got abit swollen and the side of my tongue got sore, but it seemed to have gotten better on its own. They say anxiety can do a lot of weird things to your body but I still find some of them hard to believe.

I am a major hypochondriac and I always feel I'm gonna drop dead soon but I've been struggling with anxiety for 5months and I haven't collapsed yet.

My arms hurt persistently, my toe and fingernails are very sensitive n tender, I get head rushes, itching and aches&pains all over randomly. I've given up on any of this going away, I will just live until I keel over I guess.

• Posted

One of the most common causes of red dots on tongue is a condition called strawberry tongue.  When you have it, your tongue will change from normal pink color to red with enlarged red taste buds dotting the surface.  Possible causes include a lack of vitamin B-12 and folic acid.

I wouldn't worry though because when you go to the dentist, they always do a check for oral cancer.

• Posted

I haven't had anything spicy. I just noticed a couple of weeks ago that my tongue had the feeling like when you burn it. It's not aching or anything and it's just close to the tip, slightly raised. I dont feel any knots under the surface when I massage that part of my tongue. I also have, what I think, is an infected tasted bud. I'm just freaking out that it's oral cancer. Sigh. I'd do anything to not be this way.
    • Posted

Possibly a mouth ulcer on your tongue?? I get them sometimes. Can be caused by stress.

Usually they appear 1 at a time, like a small red bump about the size of one of your taste buds and they hurt when you apply pressure

• Posted

Well, I went to the dentist and he said irritation. He said cancer looks different, but I'm still scared. I hate illness anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.