Does anyone have nervous feeling with their anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have health anxiety and over the past 6 months its been bad.  I'm now seeing a therapist about it.  But I wondered if any of you have this constant nervous feeling going on, I can feel every heart beat and in the mornings it beat hard so I can see it.  Then all day i just feel nervous.  I will talking too the therapist today about it.  But I thougt I would ask.  

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes general nervousness is one of the main signs of anxiety
  • Posted

Since i have gone in menopause i have anxiety, before i have had panic attacks due to agoraphobia, i do go out but avoid certain places etc but since menopause i have what i think must be anxiety now as i have this nervous feeling inside which i didnthave before and i feel like it affects my breathing, this nervous feeling comes and goes but has made my panic worse now
    • Posted

I've been in menopause since 2012 and the peri I had before the menopause actually took place was the absolute worse.  I thought I was going to die, i had no less than 5 panic attackes a day for about 1.5yrs.  Then the meno set in and it all seem to settle, now i have been hit with vertigo and told its migraine associated vertigo and I have almost daily and the disorder causes anxiety, so now its just back with a vengence.  I'm also hypothyroid.  This anxiety tho is awful, it comes in so many different forms and symptoms, no wonder we are all afraid all the time, its always changing.  

Im sorry your going thru this and I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Oh poor you having that many panic attacks at one time, like i said i am not new to them but due to agoraphobia in a certain form i would have mild ones when in a situation that would trigger them but this is a whole new thing for me having them out the blue, so scary, i hope we will get through the other side soon xx
  • Posted

Yep! I have days (like today sadly) where I feel constantly nervous and anxious and my heart beats fast all day rolleyes
    • Posted

Yes ! I have constant nervousness and anxiety. It almost hurts. And yes the I can even hear the heart beat in my head. So bad. How long have you been suffering and have you been diagnosed?
  • Posted

I've been constantly nervous lately, I always feel like I need to just take off running for my life. Why? I have no idea. At first it was heart worries and then went to the doctor and they said my heart is fine. Now, I just have a constant anxiety over nothing, starts about 5 in the morning. What'd the therapist have to say about it if you don't mind me asking?
    • Posted

I knew there were more out there that feel just like I do. It's sad that we are living this way and cannot figure out why. It makes no sense why I was just fine 5 months ago and at the blink of an eye life has been changed. I hope you get your life turned around and get out of this vicious cycle we have seem to fallen in.
    • Posted

I;m sorry your having this awful anxiety garbage to.   The therapist said its the mind being on hyper alert. I told her I wake up and can imediately feel my heart beating and then I start scanning for problems.  She said when the mind is in constant anxiety it is actually sending wrong messages to the body and it becomes a cycle, so now the brain has to basically be rewired to how we think.  She said its hard and it takes time.  

I've had this since I had the vertigo attack last july and now told I have migraine associated vertigo and along with it comes anxiety that is part of the disorder.  I've had GAD since 1999 but this is has been awful.  I usually have no real anxiety but now its all over the place.  The worst part about it is, how it comes from know where, you feel ok and then you don't.  

• Posted

Again, words right out of my mouth! I was just fine two months ago. I hope the same for you. I'm so sorry you're going through the same things as I am. And I agree with patty. I've always had anxiety but things got extreme a short time ago. We will make it though! It's gonna be a process but we can do it smile
  • Posted

What kind of physical symptoms do you have?

What kind of thoughts do you gave when the anxiety is constant ?

Do you have pressure on your head?

• Posted

I have a list of symptoms, heart pounding, hand shaking, vision off at times, dizzy but I have migrain associated vertigo and the dizziness is most days this is whats causing the anxiety,  air hunger, feel like i can't swallow, neck pain, head aches, nausea, nervousness, muscle aches in the arms and legs, more I 'm sure.  

My thoughts are about my dizziness, when it comes on I get worried.

i sometimes have head pressure, but it doesn't last but a few minutes

What symptoms do you have?

• Posted

In the beginning the physical symptoms you describe were pretty bad. Shaking, trembling, nausea, loss of appetite. But my main issue is the head pressure. I'm trying to figure out if that's what caused my anxiety in the first place. I've always had some type of head pressure, but now it's pretty constant, with some days going off and on. It's pretty scary though.

Thinking of starting celexa ( citalopram) and I'm hoping it doesn't cause more head pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.