Does anyone have occipital neuralgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having the worst head pain, not a headache for a few weeks. Scalp tender, burns and tingles. Sometimes I put an ice pack on my head for the burning

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey hun, i have ON. go to a neurologist and a neurosurgeon. try Botox in the occipital regions first, chiropractic (including traction along your occipital nerves), physical therapy, and medications (gabapentin and amatryptaline were the most effective for me).

i've had it for 8 years so after all those treatments surgery has been the most effective. I got my first rhizotomy last week for it and it's helping already. good luck <3

• Posted

I have started at a neurologist. We have tried a couple of medications and injections and they haven't helped. Hoping Hurricane Irma is gone and his office will be open Wednesday so I can call him. I was in an auto accident 20 years ago which caused me to have 2 cervical fusions and a lumbar fusion long with a pain pump implanted. The pump helps to manage the lower back pain. Most chiro's don't want to do much for me because of the fusions. Plenty of physical therapy. Also had a full knee replacement in January, so I'm tired of pain. I will talk with him about Botox, praying that helps. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.